[COMPLETE] Jason, Son of Jason, by John Ulrich Giesy - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jlwalden

Post by jlwalden »

May I take chapters 5-8?
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

jlwalden wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:50 am May I take chapters 5-8?
Certainly! Welcome to the team :)
As a new reader for this series, please note the pronunciation guide in the first post. If you have any questions, please ask.
Krista
jlwalden

Post by jlwalden »

kristakz wrote: September 28th, 2022, 10:23 am
jlwalden wrote: September 28th, 2022, 8:50 am May I take chapters 5-8?
Certainly! Welcome to the team :)
As a new reader for this series, please note the pronunciation guide in the first post. If you have any questions, please ask.
will do, thanks
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Krista -

I've recorded all of section 11 and I'll be editing that today. I think it will be uploaded sometime tomorrow, perhaps.

The thing is that I should have checked with you and the other readers on pronunciation of Ptah whose name occurs often in section 11.

Unlike, say Ptolemy, for example, I have not used a 'silent P.' So, for me, it's been two syllables. For the first, I've used a 'short p' sound and, for the second, I've used something like the 'tah' in Utah.

If I've done that wrongly, I can re-record the passages in which his name appears.

What would you like me to do? I can upload the section "as is" after edits are done - or redo Ptah with any other fixes that I might need to make?

Thanks, Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

BrianFullen wrote: October 3rd, 2022, 7:56 am Hi Krista -

I've recorded all of section 11 and I'll be editing that today. I think it will be uploaded sometime tomorrow, perhaps.

The thing is that I should have checked with you and the other readers on pronunciation of Ptah whose name occurs often in section 11.

Unlike, say Ptolemy, for example, I have not used a 'silent P.' So, for me, it's been two syllables. For the first, I've used a 'short p' sound and, for the second, I've used something like the 'tah' in Utah.

If I've done that wrongly, I can re-record the passages in which his name appears.

What would you like me to do? I can upload the section "as is" after edits are done - or redo Ptah with any other fixes that I might need to make?

Thanks, Brian
By the rule of first to the line, your pronunciation becomes the standard :)

I did see that one, but I guess I neglected to add it, so I'll update the pronunciation table now. Thanks (and for reference, that was my instinct, too "P-tah", 2 syllables.)
Krista
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Krista,

I uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jasonsonofjason_11_giesy_128kb_mp3_.mp3 - it runs for 27:28.

Best wishes,
Brian

PS, sorry about the extraneous mp3 in the file name. I didn't notice it until the upload completed.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

BrianFullen wrote: October 4th, 2022, 8:43 pm Hi Krista,

I uploaded https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jasonsonofjason_11_giesy_128kb_mp3_.mp3 - it runs for 27:28.

Best wishes,
Brian

PS, sorry about the extraneous mp3 in the file name. I didn't notice it until the upload completed.
Thanks. I've queued that for PL.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

A few new pronunciations that you might come across have been added to the first post:
Mutlos
Gazar
Laira
Ptah
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Best wishes,
Brian

Thank you, Brian. That was wonderful! This section is PL OK :thumbs:
I apologise for the delay in PL.
Krista
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

kristakz wrote: October 22nd, 2022, 8:08 pm

Best wishes,
Brian

Thank you, Brian. That was wonderful! This section is PL OK :thumbs:
I apologise for the delay in PL.
Krista, you are too kind. But thank you. I should be done editing section 10 early in the coming week. Sorry for the delay in completing it.
tjfria

Post by tjfria »

Can I claim section 9?
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

tjfria wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 8:05 am Can I claim section 9?
You may indeed :)
Krista
tjfria

Post by tjfria »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Readers Found!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

tjfria wrote: October 24th, 2022, 3:26 pm Here is section 9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jasonsonofjason_09_giesy_128kb.mp3 (34:11)
Thank you. This is queued for PL
Krista