[Complete] Pan Balcer w Brazylii by Maria Konopnicka - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Section 31 has been corrected, except for 28:19. The text only has "ż", so we don't really know what the word was supposed to be according to this text :)

My voice sounds different in the edits but right now, in this last chapter, I can't bring myself to care enough to wait for my current voice to fit that in the rest of the file :P So unless you find it extremely jarring, I'm keeping those fixes.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 10:40 am The text only has "ż", so we don't really know what the word was supposed to be according to this text :)
W skanie jest iz, ale to mala roznica i nie zmienia sensu zdania a zrodlo ktore podales, to transkrypt, nie skan. Wieczorem odslucham i bedzie gotowe!
https://polona.pl/item-view/3e0436ff-bc00-4eeb-bd3e-e669fd508aef?page=401
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

NinaBrown wrote: April 16th, 2024, 11:15 am
Piotrek81 wrote: April 16th, 2024, 10:40 am The text only has "ż", so we don't really know what the word was supposed to be according to this text :)
W skanie jest iz, ale to mala roznica i nie zmienia sensu zdania a zrodlo ktore podales, to transkrypt, nie skan. Wieczorem odslucham i bedzie gotowe!
https://polona.pl/item-view/3e0436ff-bc00-4eeb-bd3e-e669fd508aef?page=401
Oh, it's a different spot than what I thought. Ok, I'll add this one. EDIT: In fact, you're right. It doesn't change the sense much. Nevermind then.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

A propos summary, you wrote

wykupił bilet do Brazylii w poszukiwaniu lepszej życia

Lepszej drogi zycia, albo lepszego zycia?

Ale sie dzis czepiam!!!! :-D
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

I've checked 31, all good, there is one small thing at
24:06 there was Paniechrystusowa, correct word is Paniezusowa, you read Paniejezusowa, I think we could let it go? Yes, your voice is different, but it's not a big deal.
So - all done!
It was a difficult project, the length, the language, the dramatic story, well done! And I don't think it's been recorded before.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Headed to the catalog :clap: :clap:
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Lynnet wrote: April 16th, 2024, 12:57 pm Headed to the catalog :clap: :clap:
There might be a slight correction in the description, wait to hear from Piotrek.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Congratulations on what appears to have been a tough Solo :clap: :clap: :clap:

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/pan-balcer-w-brazylji-by-maria-konopnicka/

Just let me know if you decide to adjust the summary. It can easily be changed.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

NinaBrown wrote: April 16th, 2024, 1:11 pm
There might be a slight correction in the description, wait to hear from Piotrek.
There is, thanks for catching it, Nina. Corrected :thumbs: Thank you to both of you for sticking with me :clap:

Also, I see you picked the original title ("Brazylji") (see our PM exchange). That's OK, just be aware that the files all have "Brazylii" in their names.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:21 am
NinaBrown wrote: April 16th, 2024, 1:11 pm
There is, thanks for catching it, Nina. Corrected :thumbs: Thank you to both of you for sticking with me :clap:

Also, I see you picked the original title ("Brazylji") (see our PM exchange). That's OK, just be aware that the files all have "Brazylii" in their names.
I will update the blurb.
I didn’t change the title… I can do that at the same time (I hadn’t realized you were asking me to change it :lol: )
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Lynnet wrote: April 17th, 2024, 8:46 am
Piotrek81 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:21 am There is, thanks for catching it, Nina. Corrected :thumbs: Thank you to both of you for sticking with me :clap:

I will update the blurb.
I didn’t change the title… I can do that at the same time (I hadn’t realized you were asking me to change it :lol: )
I was just alerting you to the discrepancy. Both versions have their merit ("Brazylji" being the actual spelling used in the edition I was reading from, and "Brazylli" being the current spelling and thus being a far more likely search term, as well as being present in all the file names). I guess the modern version has more arguments on its side then :hmm:
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 8:59 am Thank you to both of you for sticking with me :clap:
Well, you were the one doing the hard work here! As I mentioned before, I checked some audiobook shops I use, didn't find this recorded, so or it's never been done, or it's rare. Well done!
:D :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap: :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have corrected the summary and changed the title on both the catalog and archive pages. Please check I have done this correctly 8-)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Lynnet wrote: April 17th, 2024, 9:32 am I have corrected the summary and changed the title on both the catalog and archive pages. Please check I have done this correctly 8-)
It look OK to me :thumbs: Thank you.
NinaBrown wrote: April 17th, 2024, 9:12 am I checked some audiobook shops I use, didn't find this recorded, so or it's never been done, or it's rare.
The book itself seems rather rare. I looked it up in the on-line catalogue of the Raczyński Library network and there's a 2022 edition, but before that you have go back all the way to 1950s to find one. Of couse, that's just one city.
NinaBrown

Post by NinaBrown »

Piotrek81 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 10:53 am
The book itself seems rather rare. I looked it up in the on-line catalogue of the Raczyński Library network and there's a 2022 edition, but before that you have go back all the way to 1950s to find one. Of couse, that's just one city.
I looked it up on WorldCat, and there was 2003 edition, but by Universitas Krakow, so probably limited copies.
https://search.worldcat.org/formats-editions/20431006?limit=10&offset=1&orderBy=publicationDateDesc
I remembered vaguely from school that quote "Idziem do ciebie ziemio matko nasza..." now I know where it's from :-D