[COMPLETE] Multilingual Short Works Collection 033 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: a very funny story. Excellently narrated, Emanuela, thank you so much for this wonderful contribution.

Only a few small deviations from the text and a few very long silences to crop:

> from 0:26 to 0:30: between "read by Emanuela" and "Belfagor Arcidiavolo" - the silence is too long here, I would cut to under 2 seconds at least
> from 0:46 to 0:49: between "ricongiungersi seco" and "leggesi" - also here, usually 1.5 seconds maximum is fully enough to make a significant break
> at 5:34: "nel quale gli uomini scorrono" - you say "incorrono", but possibly the difference is non changing the meaning much, so you can decide
> at 8:23: "insieme con la nobiltà seco" - you forgot "seco"
> at 12:03: "di Ponente novelle" - you say "nuove"
> from 25:26 to 25:31: between "lieto a casa" and "end of Novella piacevolissima" - also here, cut the silence to under 2 seconds

thanks

Sonia
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2022, 4:54 am
:lol: a very funny story. Excellently narrated, Emanuela, thank you so much for this wonderful contribution.

Only a few small deviations from the text and a few very long silences to crop:

> from 0:26 to 0:30: between "read by Emanuela" and "Belfagor Arcidiavolo" - the silence is too long here, I would cut to under 2 seconds at least
> from 0:46 to 0:49: between "ricongiungersi seco" and "leggesi" - also here, usually 1.5 seconds maximum is fully enough to make a significant break
> at 5:34: "nel quale gli uomini scorrono" - you say "incorrono", but possibly the difference is non changing the meaning much, so you can decide
> from 25:26 to 25:31: between "lieto a casa" and "end of Novella piacevolissima" - also here, cut the silence to under 2 seconds

thanks

Sonia

Thank you so much Sonia!
I laughed so much when I stumbled upon this gem!!

Now back to the business.
I shortened the tooo looong pauses , really I do not know what I was thinking.
About the text tho, I looked at it, but in the text I linked I found "Incorrono", "nuove" and I cant see "seco"
It is strange.

Emanuela
Do. Or do not. There is no try.
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Eysiss wrote: October 27th, 2022, 11:17 am About the text tho, I looked at it, but in the text I linked I found "Incorrono", "nuove" and I cant see "seco"
It is strange.
Thank you, Emanuela. Could you give us the new duration?

The variants Sonia listed occur in the supporting scan. I don't think the first two change the meaning, and the word "seco" is placed so awkwardly that it reads to me like a typo. I would expect "portato seco", but "con la nobilità seco"? At first, I thought "scorrono" was a typo, but apparently it could mean "incorrono" at the time (sense 1-h in Treccani).

Michael
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

dckabir wrote: September 25th, 2022, 12:12 am Regarding the PL, if it's ok I can have the husband give it a listen and check if I've read it right. The intro and outro should be ok since it's in English. Or if your friend from the 031 collection might oblige, we could reach out to them?
We didn't get a response from potential listeners. Perhaps your husband might help us out?

Michael
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kazbek wrote: October 27th, 2022, 5:55 pm
Eysiss wrote: October 27th, 2022, 11:17 am About the text tho, I looked at it, but in the text I linked I found "Incorrono", "nuove" and I cant see "seco"
It is strange.
Thank you, Emanuela. Could you give us the new duration?

The variants Sonia listed occur in the supporting scan. I don't think the first two change the meaning, and the word "seco" is placed so awkwardly that it reads to me like a typo. I would expect "portato seco", but "con la nobilità seco"? At first, I thought "scorrono" was a typo, but apparently it could mean "incorrono" at the time (sense 1-h in Treccani).

Michael
Thank you Michael.
I also feel very awkward about that "seco".
If you all agree then I will leave the words as they are and I will upload the new file with the shortened pause (I was keeping it in case I need to do the changes) with the new duration.

Emanuela
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Kitty wrote: October 27th, 2022, 4:54 am [....]
[....]

Sonia
Sonia and Michael
I reviewed the very first text I found, the one on the Internet Archive that has all the Niccolo' Machiavelli works,
the one from 1773, and exactly as Sonia said, those three passages are different.
Also I pondered a lot about the "seco" word, and I really think is a strengthening of the previous "insieme" --> "ha portato insieme con se' la nobilità e la bellezza" .
So I'm going to change the three items.

See you in a few moment.
Maybe a little bit more.
Emanuela
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Here the corrected version Sonia.
Hope I didn't forget anything.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_novella_machiavelli_e_128kb.mp3
duration: 25:37

Emanuela
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Eysiss wrote: October 28th, 2022, 12:50 pmHere the corrected version Sonia.
Hope I didn't forget anything.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_novella_machiavelli_e_128kb.mp3
:thumbs: excellent patches, thank you, now PL ok.

It's true, with wiki-source I prefer to check with the original scan, as it's more sure that there is no error in transcription then, as you could see here in this case. If I have the choice of a scan and of a transcription, I will always use the primary scan.

For example also, we don't accept wikisource unless they link to the original scans, to make it safer that it's really in public domain.

Sonia
Eysiss

Post by Eysiss »

Thank you!
:9:
Emanuela
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

Kazbek wrote: October 27th, 2022, 6:01 pm
We didn't get a response from potential listeners. Perhaps your husband might help us out?
Hello Michael

Husband pointed out a few pronunciation corrections, I've made the changes and uploaded the file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_shabdhan_ray_dc_128kb.mp3
02:38

Thank you
dc
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

dckabir wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:32 pm Husband pointed out a few pronunciation corrections, I've made the changes and uploaded the file.
Great! Did he also do spot PL (or full PL) of the changes you made?

Michael
dckabir

Post by dckabir »

Kazbek wrote: November 2nd, 2022, 3:23 pm
dckabir wrote: November 1st, 2022, 11:32 pm Husband pointed out a few pronunciation corrections, I've made the changes and uploaded the file.
Great! Did he also do spot PL (or full PL) of the changes you made?

Michael
He did a full PL since I re-recorded the whole thing, says it's ok now.

Thank you
dc
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

dckabir wrote: November 3rd, 2022, 1:30 am He did a full PL since I re-recorded the whole thing, says it's ok now.
Great! I've checked the tech specs and marked it PL OK.

Thanks!
Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is a very short joke in Luxembourgish from an old satirical weekly magazine :lol: Sandra will pop in to PL it later on in the day.

"Beim Dokter Mîrrédêch" (anonymous author - from 1893)
Language: Luxembourgish
Source text: https://viewer.eluxemburgensia.lu/ark:70795/bq49s1/pages/2/articles/DTL58
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_beimdokter_anonymous_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 1:23 min.
Keywords: joke, doctor, over-eating

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: November 4th, 2022, 8:22 am and here is a very short joke in Luxembourgish from an old satirical weekly magazine :lol: Sandra will pop in to PL it later on in the day.
Great! It's in the MW.

Michael