[COMPLETE] Multilingual Short Works Collection 033 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChristianeJehanne

Post by ChristianeJehanne »

Oh, super !!!
Merci infiniment !!

Oui, je vais l’enregistrer prochainement pour un solo.
Dois-je préparer le Template maintenant ?

C’est super, je suis ravie 😊🙏😀

Merci infiniment Sonia.
Christiane.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChristianeJehanne wrote: December 8th, 2022, 2:18 amDois-je préparer le Template maintenant ?
tu le fais, quand tu as le temps et envie :)

Sonia
ChristianeJehanne

Entendu, Sonia, ce sera court, ça me changera un peu, je préparerai le Template bientôt, OK.
Je suis un peu dans ce texte... du coup..
A bientôt !
Bon après-midi ! :D
Christiane.
ChristianeJehanne

Voici, Sonia, si tu veux être responsable, ce sera avec plaisir! :D

viewtopic.php?t=95663

Si tu as le temps...

A bientôt!
Christiane.
Anna2050

Post by Anna2050 »

Hello,

This is my recording of a winter poem written by a Romanian writer: Vasile Alecsandri.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_iarna_alecsandri_anna_128kb.mp3
Duration:2:21
Author: Vasile Alecsandri
Title: Iarna
Language: Romanian
Text: https://archive.org/details/operecomplete02alecuoft/page/10/mode/2up
Keywords: winter, snow, sledge ride, snowflakes
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Anna2050 wrote: December 24th, 2022, 10:53 am Hello,

This is my recording of a winter poem written by a Romanian writer: Vasile Alecsandri.
Thank you, Anna! Happy Holidays! :)

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Anna2050 wrote: December 24th, 2022, 10:53 amThis is my recording of a winter poem written by a Romanian writer: Vasile Alecsandri.
oh beautiful and fitting for the season. And you narrated it with a very mystical voice, I loved it. Thank you so much. It's all PL ok. :thumbs:

Merry Christmas to you as well and a good start in the new year.

I see there are only two slots left in this project to fill. Maybe we can even finish it this year still.... :9:

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

I've added a Russian contribution that I've been meaning to sneak into this volume. Mark has already PLed it in another thread.

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: December 25th, 2022, 3:59 pmI've added a Russian contribution that I've been meaning to sneak into this volume. Mark has already PLed it in another thread.
oh you gave up this idea for your solo ? Well, it's found a nice resting place in this collection :thumbs: So I don't have to PL it anymore ?

And here is a shorty in Latin, just to wrap up this collection before the new year. If you could PL it, then we're done.

"Canis Natans" by Phaedrus
Language: Latin
Source text: https://archive.org/details/TraductionPhedreJoly1813/page/n35/mode/2up
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_canisnatans_phaedra_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:50 min.
Keywords: dog, greed, fable

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: December 26th, 2022, 2:39 am oh you gave up this idea for your solo ? Well, it's found a nice resting place in this collection :thumbs: So I don't have to PL it anymore ?
Yes, I'm hoping to finish another section that is half done and include in the next volume here. I think we're good with this one. There's no need to PL it again.
And here is a shorty in Latin, just to wrap up this collection before the new year. If you could PL it, then we're done.
Great, I'll launch the next volume soon. The outro is missing "This recording is in the public domain".

I just noticed what a strange word lympha is. Despite the Greek spelling, there's no such word in Greek. It seems that it was originally pronounced with a "p" (as in limpidus), before being forced to rhyme with nympha (I guess by some Romans with a cultural inferiority complex).

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: December 26th, 2022, 8:52 amThe outro is missing "This recording is in the public domain".
oops :oops: should be there now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw033_canisnatans_phaedra_ss_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 0:53 min.
I just noticed what a strange word lympha is. Despite the Greek spelling, there's no such word in Greek. It seems that it was originally pronounced with a "p" (as in limpidus), before being forced to rhyme with nympha (I guess by some Romans with a cultural inferiority complex).
that is interesting, I thought the lymphatic system would have a Greek origin. One always learns something new here. 8-)

Thanks,

I'll organise the MW and filenames now into alphanumeric order, and then Todd can catalogue

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Kitty wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:00 am oops :oops: should be there now:
PL OK! Also, please check in the author's name in the filename. Not a big deal, but since you're renaming files anyway...

Michael
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kazbek wrote: December 26th, 2022, 9:03 amPL OK! Also, please check in the author's name in the filename. Not a big deal, but since you're renaming files anyway...
oh yes, good point...was mixing something up there :oops: I'll change it, thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ok Todd, MW is ready to get catalogued...you are only missing the summary, which I think you can create automatically ? :hmm:

We had 10 different languages in this project. :clap: Thank you all

Sonia
Kazbek
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kazbek »

Next volume has been launched:

viewtopic.php?t=95878

Michael