[SOLO]A Complete Account of the Settlement at Port Jackson by Watkin Tench - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Kitty wrote: September 20th, 2022, 5:14 am A small cut needed in Section 9:
> at 15:12: repeat, can be cut once: "he told them that they were nuffer"
Further evidence of the need for PLs! I've made the cut, thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: September 20th, 2022, 7:18 amFurther evidence of the need for PLs! I've made the cut, thanks.
and PL ok now, thanks

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Section 10 added https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_10_tench_128kb.mp3 18:23

Another table, let me know if I handled it okay or not :hmm:

The James Ruse he speaks of here has a very busy main road named after him in the suburb of Rose Hill, James Ruse Drive. Interesting what can come of an ex-convict in a new settlement!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: September 21st, 2022, 12:34 amAnother table, let me know if I handled it okay or not :hmm:
yes it was quite concise and explanatory the way you handled it. :thumbs:
The James Ruse he speaks of here has a very busy main road named after him in the suburb of Rose Hill, James Ruse Drive. Interesting what can come of an ex-convict in a new settlement!
yes I think many convicts, if they didn't get executed for further misdemeanour, they stayed on to become respectable settlers.

Just 2 small adjustments this time:

> at 13:06: "forty-four feet long by sixteen wide" – may be optional, but if you want to be accurate, the house was 44 feet long, you said only 40 ;)

> at 20:49: I would put "civil departement" before "Superintendents", like you did at the beginning before Storekeeper and Surgeon

the rest was perfect, thanks

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Kitty wrote: September 21st, 2022, 1:41 am > at 13:06: "forty-four feet long by sixteen wide" – may be optional, but if you want to be accurate, the house was 44 feet long, you said only 40 ;)
I'm pretty happy with my editing job here! I managed to only insert the word "four" after "forty" and it sounds fairly good 8-) Also made the change of 'civil department' as requested :thumbs:

I have also uploaded Secction 11:https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_11_tench_128kb.mp3 09:59
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: September 26th, 2022, 7:37 amI'm pretty happy with my editing job here! I managed to only insert the word "four" after "forty" and it sounds fairly good 8-) Also made the change of 'civil department' as requested :thumbs:
:thumbs: indeed well patched in. Spot PL ok.

Not sure whether I can manage the next section today still...but tomorrow for sure

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

finished section 11 after all and totally PL ok. A shocking account of blood revenge among the natives. :shock:

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Just a quick note to say I haven't forgotten! I've been held up a bit lately but hope to record more soon :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: October 5th, 2022, 4:44 amJust a quick note to say I haven't forgotten! I've been held up a bit lately but hope to record more soon :)
no stress, we have time :) I ask a bimonthly update from the readers, so I know they are still interested, but you have not been AWOL that long yet, so I have not started worrying yet :mrgreen:

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

I finally got time to record section 12! https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_12_tench_128kb.mp3 28:12

This was interesting, it really highlights the misunderstandings on both sides and the escalation of retaliation between invaders and invaded. I get the impression Tench was secretly overjoyed that his mission failed :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: October 17th, 2022, 10:20 pmI finally got time to record section 12! https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_12_tench_128kb.mp3 28:12

This was interesting, it really highlights the misunderstandings on both sides and the escalation of retaliation between invaders and invaded. I get the impression Tench was secretly overjoyed that his mission failed :D
yes I think Tench really wanted to have peace with the native tribes, but it often seems impossible due to misunderstandings. :?

Only one small bit to add:

> at 15:43: you forgot to say "end of footnote"

thanks for another interesting chapter

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Section 13 done! https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_12_tench_128kb.mp3 14:05
And I've inserted 'end of footnote' in section 12 as well. :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: November 15th, 2022, 9:01 pmSection 13 done! https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/settlementatportjackson_12_tench_128kb.mp3 14:05
And I've inserted 'end of footnote' in section 12 as well. :)
super, another chapter in the box :clap: both sections PL ok. And I learnt a new word, I didn't know that a "snow" was also a ship. 8-) The first sentence sounded bizarre until I researched the word :lol:

What a coincidence that he would meet again these fugitives years later ! :shock:

Why is there an empty section 20 ? Should I delete it ? :hmm:

Thanks

Sonia
chocmuse

Post by chocmuse »

Thank you! And I didn't know a snow was a ship before either!

Yes please do delete section 20, It's there because I originally put in a Part 1 and 2 for one of the sections which after all didn't need it. Thanks :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chocmuse wrote: November 17th, 2022, 8:45 amYes please do delete section 20, It's there because I originally put in a Part 1 and 2 for one of the sections which after all didn't need it.
all right, it's gone :)

Sonia