[COMPLETE] The North American Indian, Volume 1, by Edward Sherriff Curtis - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

WinterMoon wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:30 pm Could any of the admin comment on something:

I am finishing up final edits and posting of section 21, and since it is quite long, I wanted to clarify something. Do we still record and read the text that is "center aligned" usually directly under photos? Or only the text that is left aligned?

I've only been doing the left-aligned, so I figured I'd check and see if I now have to add text back in.

Thank you!

I got all of Section 21 recorded and ready to upload, once I hear back on if the other text needs to be read. Thanks everyone!
~Christine~

Remember: "Even a glow stick had to break to shine."
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WinterMoon wrote: February 5th, 2023, 2:30 pm
afutterer wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 11:59 am Sounds great. Thank you for the update! Glad you are feeling better!

Thank you! Maybe you could help answer my question anthony!?
You bet! Sorry I missed it!

In my view of the document there are not different alignments. That may be something that is only in your particular view of the file. In looking at thee text that goes with the pictures I do believe that we should use all of the text. Thank you so much for checking.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

So... like the text "in question" is the kind that would be considered an image caption. So, it's sort of describing the image on the page and not necessarily part of the reading.

I will say it could go either way and is tricky, so that is why I wanted to check.

If I do have to add it back in, it'll take me till probably thursday or friday to get this first one updated and then sent over to you guys for PL.

But, I can work on it.
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

afutterer wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:20 am
afutterer wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 11:59 am Sounds great. Thank you for the update! Glad you are feeling better!

In my view of the document there are not different alignments. That may be something that is only in your particular view of the file. In looking at thee text that goes with the pictures I do believe that we should use all of the text. Thank you so much for checking.

Oops, sorry I thought I copied and quoted to submit that reply but I guess I didn't.
~Christine~

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WinterMoon wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:10 pm

Oops, sorry I thought I copied and quoted to submit that reply but I guess I didn't.
I think I understand that you were going to share a snippet or something like that. I have tried to share pictures and things in LV and had a bear of a time with it. If you would like we can try to figure out a way to share the picture you would like me to look at. I am happy to consider anything. I certainly don't want you to do anything you don't have to, or cause you difficulties. Just let me know and we can open a pm and figure something out. Thanks!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

afutterer wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:39 am
WinterMoon wrote: February 6th, 2023, 3:10 pm

I think I understand that you were going to share a snippet or something like that. I have tried to share pictures and things in LV and had a bear of a time with it. If you would like we can try to figure out a way to share the picture you would like me to look at. I am happy to consider anything. I certainly don't want you to do anything you don't have to, or cause you difficulties. Just let me know and we can open a pm and figure something out. Thanks!

No worries! I'm about to splice the recordings and add in the captions and text you said should be added. then HOPEFULLY, if they DID need to be removed, I hope it won't be a difficult edit. That was the only thing I was concerned about lol.

But it hopefully will all work itself out!

I'll post for PL soon i hope!
~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

~Christine~

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

I was planning on finishing up my other section and recording it today, but I'm guessing it may be a good idea to wait on the possible notes I'll get back, since I don't know if I did well on correct pronunciations lol. 8-)
~Christine~

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Sounds like a plan. Thanks you. I am a little behind due to some home life set backs. I will get to it as soon as possible. Hopefully this morning!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 21

PL OK
Anthony

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

Finishing up my section this week. Hope to have it for PL by late Friday.
~Christine~

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

WinterMoon wrote: February 14th, 2023, 2:24 pm Finishing up my section this week. Hope to have it for PL by late Friday.
Thank you for the update!
Anthony

WinterMoon

Post by WinterMoon »

~Christine~

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 20

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

We have and Orphan! Section 15 is now open for claim.
Anthony