OPEN[PLAY]Don Quixote Part 1 by Thomas D'Urfey - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

redrun wrote: August 6th, 2023, 6:02 pm
AgnesRobert wrote: August 6th, 2023, 5:08 pm also can someone please tell me if the third line of the song on page 33 reads, "where she not warming it to shoot"
I believe that's right - I read that as comparing their love to a winter seedling, waiting for the warmth of spring before it grows... but she never brought that warmth.

AgnesRobert wrote: August 6th, 2023, 5:08 pm and also slightly below that what would you say the last word of the third line of the second verse is, I would say controul'd (which is differently spelled controll'd I think? probably?)
That also seems correct. If her soul had been half as beauteous as her face, it would have come with judgement to control itself!
thankyou
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

1st shepherd is PL OK! :thumbs:
You've got the spacing, the credit line, and the 'long s' all correct, and those are the pitfalls here!

Since you've asked for additional tips in your signature, here's one thing that comes to mind:

Laughter, at a normal speaking distance, is perhaps a little louder than regular speech. But at the closer distance for a mic, it's quite a bit louder. For my own recordings (when I can record a laugh without maxing the volume, or "clipping"), I have to select just that laugh, and use Amplify to reduce its volume by several dBs, before it sounds the way someone in the room with me would hear it.
But Todd will tweaking volume on a lot of things, and like I said, recording a laugh is tough for me - so you're doing great by avoiding "clipping" already. :wink:

Thanks for joining as our shepherd, and I see you've been on a roll with parts lately! Can't wait 'til those plays all finish, right!?
I believe Todd warns everyone about the addictive nature of dramatic works. It's too late for me, but you may yet be able to save yourself... :help:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

redrun wrote: August 8th, 2023, 9:02 pm
1st shepherd is PL OK! :thumbs:
You've got the spacing, the credit line, and the 'long s' all correct, and those are the pitfalls here!

Since you've asked for additional tips in your signature, here's one thing that comes to mind:

Laughter, at a normal speaking distance, is perhaps a little louder than regular speech. But at the closer distance for a mic, it's quite a bit louder. For my own recordings (when I can record a laugh without maxing the volume, or "clipping"), I have to select just that laugh, and use Amplify to reduce its volume by several dBs, before it sounds the way someone in the room with me would hear it.
But Todd will tweaking volume on a lot of things, and like I said, recording a laugh is tough for me - so you're doing great by avoiding "clipping" already. :wink:

Thanks for joining as our shepherd, and I see you've been on a roll with parts lately! Can't wait 'til those plays all finish, right!?
I believe Todd warns everyone about the addictive nature of dramatic works. It's too late for me, but you may yet be able to save yourself... :help:
thank you for the tip!

and happily, it is too late to escape, this is my life now, you'll never be rid of me :D (well as long as I keep getting better, if somehow I start getting worse you may be rid of me)

the darning and mending have been piling up, I have not dusted in weeks, so many things to make and clean just are not happening any more

there is only prep work for librivox, and warming up for librivox, and recording for librivox, and editing for librivox

took me enough years to convince myself to do this, I am enjoying it now
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

(We've caught another one! Hooray!)

Sorry about the darning and dusting, et al. Maybe there is an advanced Audacity plug-in effect for that.

Thanks, Todd
HelloCentral

Post by HelloCentral »

(We've caught another one! Hooray!)
I was at the US National Scout Jamboree two weeks ago and spent a while talking up Librivox to the people in the Theater merit badge tent. Maybe that will bring a few folks aboard.

Rick
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Wait - there isn't a Librivox merit badge yet?
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Oh! This project needs some more readers, doesn't it? I haven't helped here yet - I can do Mary the Buxom for you.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: October 6th, 2023, 7:18 am Mary the Buxom:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/comicalhistorypart1_marybuxom_1.mp3

This play will be hilarious. :lol:
Agreed! The characters do a lot of beating each-other up, and our poor Knight of the Ill-Favored Face meets plenty of interesting folks. :lol:
I've added this to my PL queue, and I expect to get back to you sometime tomorrow. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: October 6th, 2023, 7:18 am Mary the Buxom:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/comicalhistorypart1_marybuxom_1.mp3

This play will be hilarious. :lol:
Hoo, yes, this play will be a hoot! I'd forgotten how easily persuaded this gal was! :lol:

Only one change to request, and that's for the voice credit. Could we have you do the name plus description? It should be like this:
Mary the Buxom, Sancho's Daughter, a rude, laughing, clownish Hoyden, read by <you>
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Done! :) Mary the Buxom has a new-and-improved voice credit submitted
~Lynette * -
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

LCaulkins wrote: October 6th, 2023, 8:39 pm Done! :) Mary the Buxom has a new-and-improved voice credit submitted
Excellent, thanks! :thumbs:

And thank you especially for joining in the middle of your editing work. Sometimes it makes for a nice break, doesn't it? :mrgreen:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Indeed! Bit parts are Most Excellent for sanity breaks from intense editing. 8-)
~Lynette * -