OPEN[PLAY]Don Quixote Part 1 by Thomas D'Urfey - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: April 21st, 2023, 7:30 pm
redrun wrote: April 18th, 2023, 6:41 pm I like the duality of this character, the cool propriety, against the uneven rhythm of his madness! Well done. :D
Act 4:

@3:34, on page 66, I think we've got just one f/s:
I hear "well defended", but I think it's "well descended", as in, "of good family".

@Beginning of file, you've done well to record your voice credit using the info in the MW, with the name as "Cardensio". But the character later introduces himself as "Cardenio", and most of the stage directions seem to agree.
Would you mind adding a voice credit take with the name as "Cardenio", in case that's what we'd want to use?
Replaced file now 06:12

I've re-recorded the whole sentence from just before 03:30 to 03:47

Voice credit changed to "Cardenio"
Spot-PL OK! :thumbs: Thanks for joining us, and for putting such a fun characterization on the role. :D

Todd, I've noted that we used "Cardenio" for the voice credit, but that I think the "Cardensio" version would be retrievable by you as an admin.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cardenio voice credit is probably what I will use - you made a good case for it in your PL note.

Thanks, Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I sign up for 1st Officer? Jim :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 8:21 am Here is the 1st Officer:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/comicalhistorypart1_firstofficer_3.mp3

3:02

Jim :)
Alright! Queued for PL, though likely tomorrow.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

neecheelok70 wrote: April 24th, 2023, 8:21 am Here is the 1st Officer:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/comicalhistorypart1_firstofficer_3.mp3

3:02

Jim :)
Very well done with those pefky effes! Looks like all the lines are there as well, but if you would, I'd ask that you add in some silences too.

In several places, the stage directions show up straight in the middle of your lines. It'll be much easier to edit everything together if "before" and "after" are treated as two separate lines, with at least 3 seconds of silence between them. Here are the timestamps, back to front:
@1:30.5, before "The nature of their crimes"
@1:18.5, before "What has he got on his head"
@0:32, before "What are you imploring yourself about"
@0:26.5, before "Come you sir thief"
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Spot-PL, OK! :thumbs:
Thanks for making those adjustments, I know it saves a fair bit of time in editing. :)
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

No problem! Jim :)
AlisonHart

Post by AlisonHart »

I'd like to read for Section 17, Urganda, an Inchantress, Act 5

~Alison
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
AgnesRobert

Post by AgnesRobert »

may I please be

15 1st Shepherd, Act 2

also can someone please tell me if the third line of the song on page 33 reads, "where she not warming it to shoot"

and also slightly below that what would you say the last word of the third line of the second verse is, I would say controul'd (which is differently spelled controll'd I think? probably?)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

AgnesRobert wrote: August 6th, 2023, 5:08 pm also can someone please tell me if the third line of the song on page 33 reads, "where she not warming it to shoot"
I believe that's right - I read that as comparing their love to a winter seedling, waiting for the warmth of spring before it grows... but she never brought that warmth.

AgnesRobert wrote: August 6th, 2023, 5:08 pm and also slightly below that what would you say the last word of the third line of the second verse is, I would say controul'd (which is differently spelled controll'd I think? probably?)
That also seems correct. If her soul had been half as beauteous as her face, it would have come with judgement to control itself!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd