Mysteries of London Vol IV

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I had someone in the Thank a Reader email who reported an error in this project.
In Mysteries of London vol IV by George Reynolds in chapter 40 called The Captain's Ludicrous Adventure the reading is actually chapter 1 Continuation of the Black's Visits to ...

So, I have confirmed that section 40 is the same text as section 1. At PG, the link for that particular chapter goes to the wrong chapter. So the reader did read from the link provided by PG, but it was not the right one and did not notice that he had read the same chapter twice. https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51649 Chapter 110 goes to where is should go, but chapter 167, it goes to chapter 110. (I hope I didn't confuse anyone other than myself!)
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The right chapter is there but you need to find it via a search for the title words Captain's Ludicrous Adventure not use the link.

Anne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, but the recording for section 40 is the same as the one for section 1.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Sorry - I should have explained better. I can quite understand how it happened, especially in a group project and I wondered whether the right section was available and set off to see if it was while I was waiting for things to upload - and it is, so it can be read.
It is certainly not the reader's error :D

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Is the reader available to record the correct Section? If not, I'll be happy to do so. Just let me know.