Goodreads: Anyone a GR Librarian?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

So I have gotten into the habit of rating books on Goodreads when I finish the LibriVox recording of them. That way I can keep track of what I have listened to, and when. When the LibriVox audiobook wasn't one of the editions listed, I added it.

Last month or so, they stopped allowing anyone but "librarians" to add editions. So now I can't add the LV audiobooks I've listened to. :cry:

Is anyone here a Goodreads librarian? If so, would you be willing to add some LV audiobook editions for me? :help:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

And how do you become a "librarian"?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You have to study their policies then pass some sort of test. I tried to take it cold, and I failed. :lol:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Teaches you to properly prepare next time. :P

I do assume that you can try again, of course - everything else would be a bit weird?
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Yes, but I'd rather not become a librarian over there. I'm not sure how much work it implies, and if someone already is one, I can just add to their work load. :twisted:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It says it's a volunteer position, so maybe there's no minimum time you have to spend on it. Just like here... (yeah, we all know how that one works :twisted: ) Then again, you already need to be pretty committed it seems, because
If you have at least 50 books on your profile...
Which I'm not really sure what that means - read? written? reviewed?

Anyway, sorry, I'm clogging your thread. Let me go do something else. :D
Cheers, Ava.

--
AvailleAudio.com
CSCO

Post by CSCO »

Hi,

But, please don't forget that more than a half of the people on the Earth can't read English texts. More than a half of us can't read even alphabets. (I would say from the most humble position in the most humble way that the loinfruits of the Roman Empire people are not the masters on the Earth, I do. They are only tribes in prosperity now. (You can't read Sanskrit language, maybe. But it is very important language in Asia, because most of the scriptures in Buddhism were written in it. So, all Japanese scholars and Buddhist priests are friendly with it and dream a dream in Sanskrit language (, maybe).)

If the readable scope is based on the world wide view, I suppose the readable scores mustn't be judged from the native English speaker's view. (In Japan, if you have Eiken 1 kyuu (えいけんいっきゅう, 英検一級) certification, you are a National Master (N.M.) on English language in Japan. If you want to be certified as Eiken 1 kyuu grade, you must learn more than 10,000 English words. Being bad at English, we have bought forein troublesome companies: This is a cause of our current disgraces, and (omitted by JCIA).) 
!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!
No way. He stole away a pretty thing, you know.
That's your heart.
!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!.!!!!!!!!!..!!!.!!!!!!!!!!!...!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!!!.!!!!!!.!!!!!!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

What you are saying has nothing to do with my post, but thank you for your opinion anyway.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hey, Tricia - did you ever pursue becoming a librarian over there? Interestingly, I went through the test to pass it and turned in an app about the time you had posted this topic, but they never got back to me about it at all.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
aj2005

Post by aj2005 »

Well, I'm more than half-way through if 50 books is the standard.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

I walked away from Goodreads a couple of years ago because someone told me about The StoryGraph, an Amazon-free app run by two individuals, which allows anyone to add books to the list. I’ve added some of my obscure Librivox projects myself. Switching was easy, as I could import all my Goodreads data easily, and it functions in a similar way.

Not entirely relevant to this discussion, but just in case someone wants an alternative…
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

LCaulkins wrote: November 7th, 2023, 7:25 pm Hey, Tricia - did you ever pursue becoming a librarian over there? Interestingly, I went through the test to pass it and turned in an app about the time you had posted this topic, but they never got back to me about it at all.
No, I didn't. I've got too much else going on to add something like that to my plate. :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Winnifred wrote: November 7th, 2023, 8:29 pm I walked away from Goodreads a couple of years ago because someone told me about The StoryGraph, an Amazon-free app run by two individuals, which allows anyone to add books to the list. I’ve added some of my obscure Librivox projects myself. Switching was easy, as I could import all my Goodreads data easily, and it functions in a similar way.

Not entirely relevant to this discussion, but just in case someone wants an alternative…
Hmm - interesting!
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

TriciaG wrote: November 8th, 2023, 5:47 am
No, I didn't. I've got too much else going on to add something like that to my plate. :)
I came to the same conclusion, rather than chase it down. :lol:
Winnifred wrote: November 7th, 2023, 8:29 pm I walked away from Goodreads a couple of years ago because someone told me about The StoryGraph, an Amazon-free app run by two individuals, which allows anyone to add books to the list. I’ve added some of my obscure Librivox projects myself. Switching was easy, as I could import all my Goodreads data easily, and it functions in a similar way.

ooo, I'll have to look into that, if they let us add the LibriVox books! When I've cleared this editing pile off my plate, I'll check it out. Thanks Winnifred.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)