[COMPLETE] Expositions on the Psalms VOL 5 St Augustine - ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

MagdaleneMiller wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:59 pm PL NOTES:
Section 47 (Psalm 119 disc 10) PL- OK
(I don't know if this matters but Checker shows the length as 13:39 but the file is labled 13:37... just fyi)
Everything looks okay :)

Peace be with you,
Sister
PeterKing

Post by PeterKing »

Psalm 125 Section 80 uploaded length is 30 min 32 sec
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/psalms5_80_augustine_128kb.mp3
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

PeterKing wrote: January 5th, 2023, 6:11 pm Psalm 125 Section 80 uploaded length is 30 min 32 sec
Thank you! The MW has been updated.

Peace be with you,
Sister
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Monaxi wrote: January 5th, 2023, 6:47 pm
PeterKing wrote: January 5th, 2023, 6:11 pm Psalm 125 Section 80 uploaded length is 30 min 32 sec
Thank you! The MW has been updated.
PL NOTES:
Section 80 (Psalm125) PL-OK :clap:
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Hi!

I'd like to claim section 72.

However, I have some questions:

♦ What titles in the beginning do I need to read? (from those marked in yellow below)

♦ Do I need to read the numbers in the left (as highlighted below)?

♦ Should I read those references? How? When?

I'm sorry if that's to many questioning. :oops:
See you all later! :thumbs:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

DyeffersonAz wrote: January 8th, 2023, 12:07 pm Hi!
I'd like to claim section 72.
However, I have some questions:

♦ What titles in the beginning do I need to read?
♦ Do I need to read the numbers in the left?
♦ Should I read those references? How? When?

I'm sorry if that's to many questioning. :oops:
See you all later! :thumbs:
Hello, and welcome to the project. I've updated the MW with your claim on section 72. Thank you!

No apologies needed for the questions -- all good ones.
First, say the introduction: "Psalm 121, part 1, of Exposition on the Book of Psalms VOL 5. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Exposition on the Book of Psalms VOL 5 , by Saint Augustine of Hippo. Psalm 121, part 1." Exposition. A Sermon to the people on the day of St Crispina.
Second, personally, I do not read the paragraph numbers (although I do pause for 1.5 seconds) nor the Latin numeration. (If you run into that within the text, let me know.)
Third, personally, I do not read references other than those found in the text -- not the margins.

Please note that I said "personally." Other readers here handle these things differently. Please let me know if you have any other questions. And, once again, thank you and welcome!

Peace be with you,
Sister
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Hi!

When I was pre-reading my section I noted that the Psalm 121 in my Bible does not correspond to the valley of tears mentioned by Augustine. Is there a problem in my interpretation or the numbers of the chapters changed since then?

See you soon!
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

DyeffersonAz wrote: January 9th, 2023, 5:09 am Hi! When I was pre-reading my section I noted that the Psalm 121 in my Bible does not correspond to the valley of tears mentioned by Augustine. Is there a problem in my interpretation or the numbers of the chapters changed since then?
See you soon!
Hello! First, it seems that "the valley of tears" is not a quote from the Psalms but a poetic description of the hymns of ascent. You'll note that the discussion of Psalm 121 does not begin until paragraph 4. So, St Augustine goes on for quite a while before focusing on the text.
Second, the numbering of the Psalms is a bit confusing. St Augustine says in paragraph one that this psalm is the 2nd of the hymns of ascent, which in my Psalter, according to the LXX, makes it Psalm 120. The editors and translators of the text we're recording used numbering according to the KJV or Hebrew texts, while St Augustine used the LXX numeration.
Thank you for your questions!

Peace be with you,
Sister
DyeffersonAz

Post by DyeffersonAz »

Hello!

I'm back with section 72 excited to record 73. Could I get it? :P

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/psalms5_72_augustine_128kb.mp3 (23:12)

See you later! :thumbs:
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

DyeffersonAz wrote: January 9th, 2023, 1:42 pm Hello!
Thank you! The MW has been updated with your recording of section 72 and your claim on section 73.

Peace be with you,
Sister
MagdaleneMiller

Post by MagdaleneMiller »

Monaxi wrote: January 10th, 2023, 8:09 am
DyeffersonAz wrote: January 9th, 2023, 1:42 pm Hello!
Thank you! The MW has been updated with your recording of section 72 and your claim on section 73.
Section 72 (Psalm 121) PL NOTES:

2:45-- (word inserted changes meaning) ...but not to ascend in heart, ... should be read "...but TO ascend in heart, ..."
12:46--(wrong word) suffer not my feel ... should be ..."suffer not my FEET"
22:15--(wrong word) ... my feet to be more; should be "...my feet to be MOVED;"
Magdalene
}—>+<—{
laurencetrask

Post by laurencetrask »

Monaxi wrote: January 5th, 2023, 8:57 am
MagdaleneMiller wrote: January 4th, 2023, 6:59 pm PL NOTES:
Section 47 (Psalm 119 disc 10) PL- OK
(I don't know if this matters but Checker shows the length as 13:39 but the file is labled 13:37... just fyi)
Everything looks okay :)
Got it, than you!

Laurence
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Even though sections 34 & 35 assigned to me are already marked "extension granted", I just wanted to confirm my intention to finish these since it has been a while (otherwise I thought that I would have had a break at Christmas to catch up, which did not happen). :roll:

By next week I should be able to record them: :thumbs: I have access to an ideal location to do it, unless I need to wait for any more windy Winter weather systems to pass through... :shock: (it would be a different and acceptable acoustic effect, however, if it were a Pentecost Sunday morning wind, maybe awaiting the recording of a future Psalm, we'll see later on! :wink: )

That said, I hope to furnish at least the first of these two parts (Psalm 116) in edited form before month's end. :hmm:

mscllc
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

mscllc wrote: January 16th, 2023, 2:58 am Even though sections 34 & 35 assigned to me are already marked "extension granted", I just wanted to confirm my intention to finish these since it has been a while (otherwise I thought that I would have had a break at Christmas to catch up, which did not happen). :roll:

By next week I should be able to record them: :thumbs: I have access to an ideal location to do it, unless I need to wait for any more windy Winter weather systems to pass through... :shock: (it would be a different and acceptable acoustic effect, however, if it were a Pentecost Sunday morning wind, maybe awaiting the recording of a future Psalm, we'll see later on! :wink: )

That said, I hope to furnish at least the first of these two parts (Psalm 116) in edited form before month's end. :hmm:

mscllc
Thank you for staying in touch!

Peace be with you,
Sister
Monaxi

Post by Monaxi »

Greetings to all readers!

If your claims are more than two months old, they will be opened for others to record, unless you stay in touch with us and request an extension. I plan to open up abandoned sections sometime this Sunday.

Also, if you have sections with corrections needed, please plan to finish those and reupload in a timely manner.

Thank you!
Sister

Peace be with you,
Sister