[COMPLETE] Home Education Vol. VI: Towards A Philosophy of Education, by Charlotte Mason-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Home Education Series Vol. VI: Towards A Philosophy of Education, by Charlotte Mason (1842 - 1923)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/home-education-series-vol-vi-towards-a-philosophy-of-education-by-charlotte-mason/
The sixth volume in the Home Education Series detailing Charlotte Mason's method of education. This volume is subtitled A Liberal Education for All. The series is used today by many home-schoolers around the globe and is considered a classic reference by the founder of the homeschooling movement. (Summary by InTheDesert)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015024876990&view=1up&seq=9&skin=2021

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Education

Keywords that describe the book: ambleside, homeschooling

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Home Education Series Vol. VI. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Home Education Series Vol. VI: Towards A Philosophy of Education, by Charlotte Mason. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Home Education Series Vol. VI: Towards A Philosophy of Education, by Charlotte Mason."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: cm6_##_mason_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. cm6_01_mason_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: mightyfelix

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by InTheDesert on July 3rd, 2022, 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, you were quick! Well, your MW is set up, but I will be shocked if you manage this in only 12 sections. :hmm: Lucky for you, you can add sections as needed! If you decide while you're setting up that you do want a section 0 after all, just let me know and I can make that happen.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

mightyfelix wrote: June 15th, 2022, 9:35 pm Wow, you were quick! Well, your MW is set up, but I will be shocked if you manage this in only 12 sections. :hmm: Lucky for you, you can add sections as needed! If you decide while you're setting up that you do want a section 0 after all, just let me know and I can make that happen.
Yes, I'll figure it out as I look at the structure of the text. Could you give me a section 0 after all? Thanks!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

InTheDesert wrote: June 15th, 2022, 9:50 pm Could you give me a section 0 after all? Thanks!
Done!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

We are ready for claims.
CooperWatmough

Post by CooperWatmough »

I will tackle Section 1. If assigned, would likely begin tomorrow (6/17/22)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CooperWatmough wrote: June 16th, 2022, 10:21 am I will tackle Section 1. If assigned, would likely begin tomorrow (6/17/22)
Welcome to Librivox, Cooper!
It would be great to have you record section 1 for this project (Home Education). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wonderful! I'll move us to Readers Wanted. I'll also read for section 2, please!
CrystalLaws

Post by CrystalLaws »

I would like to record Section 3, The Good and Evil Nature of a Child, please.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

CrystalLaws wrote: June 17th, 2022, 6:53 pm I would like to record Section 3, The Good and Evil Nature of a Child, please.
Hi again!
It would be great to have you record section 3 for this project (Home Education). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). LV readers appear under both their forum username and their 'display name' - at the moment both are your forum username. Here's an example of what it would look like if you choose something different. Some people use their real name, a pseudonym or just a repeat of their forum username. You might prefer privacy or to use it as an opportunity to advertise yourself as a narrator. You can change your display name by posting a thread in this forum and an admin will help you out. Your claim is confirmed - you have two months to submit it. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!
shuttlenread

Post by shuttlenread »

I would love to record section four, "Authority and Docility"! I am reading the corresponding chapters in CM's volume on School Education, so it would be fun to double dip. :)

I saw your comment to another new reader about the 1 minute test. My equipment is in the mail, and I hope to have it up and running in the next couple of days. I've been wanting to volunteer for Librivox for several years now, and am making it my summer project this year! I can check back in for an assignment when I'm operational if you'd rather, but was excited to see this chapter was available and was hoping to snag it.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

shuttlenread wrote: June 18th, 2022, 3:25 pm I would love to record section four, "Authority and Docility"! I am reading the corresponding chapters in CM's volume on School Education, so it would be fun to double dip. :)

I saw your comment to another new reader about the 1 minute test. My equipment is in the mail, and I hope to have it up and running in the next couple of days. I've been wanting to volunteer for Librivox for several years now, and am making it my summer project this year! I can check back in for an assignment when I'm operational if you'd rather, but was excited to see this chapter was available and was hoping to snag it.
Hi shuttlenread, it would be great to have you in this project. I tend to prefer a 1 minute test before I assign a section because... people disappear (I'm sure you won't!). I'm willing to reserve it for a week for you in the meantime.
shuttlenread

Post by shuttlenread »

[/quote]

Hi shuttlenread, it would be great to have you in this project. I tend to prefer a 1 minute test before I assign a section because... people disappear (I'm sure you won't!). I'm willing to reserve it for a week for you in the meantime.
[/quote]

I completely understand. I imagine disappearing is a thing. :? Tracking says my package should arrive Wednesday, so I should have my test finished by the weekend at the latest. Thanks for considering me!
DannyDyar1

Post by DannyDyar1 »

I would like to request to read chapters four and five please.
Danny Dyar
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

DannyDyar1 wrote: June 20th, 2022, 6:51 pm I would like to request to read chapters four and five please.
Hi Danny, I've posted in your 1 minute test thread.