[COMPLETE] The Prince and the Pauper, by Mark Twain - mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sati

Post by sati »

ethanhurst wrote: December 3rd, 2022, 4:08 pm Here are the parts for Hugh Hendon. I tried to find lines in chpt 26 but could not, so if I did miss anything I would be happen to fix that.

I feel bad for Miles, but there's a good ending at least

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_hughhendon_25.mp3

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_hughhendon_28.mp3
Hughhendon 25 and 28 PL OK!
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:23 pm Many apologies for the slow progress. We're buying a house1

Ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_15.mp3
Congrats on the house! And thank you for the steady influx of recordings :) This is queued for PL.
Krista
tjperkins

Post by tjperkins »

kristakz wrote: November 17th, 2022, 1:10 pm The role of "Crowd 3" has been orphaned and is available.
If crowd #3 is unclaimed, I'd be happy to do it.
Ted Perkins - Longtime Librivox listener, reading volunteer since early 2022
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

tjperkins wrote: December 11th, 2022, 4:24 am
kristakz wrote: November 17th, 2022, 1:10 pm The role of "Crowd 3" has been orphaned and is available.
That would be wonderful. Thank you!
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Chapters 9 & 13 are ready for PL.
Krista
tjperkins

Post by tjperkins »

kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 10:59 am
Should I try to align my speaking with that of the other two crowd readers? (To the extent possible.) If we're reading at different speeds and you overlay the three, will it be intelligible?
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_16.mp3

One of the shortest ones. I like the way that the Chronicler seems to interrupt the narrator.

I've changed my recording computer since these last few files were originally recorded, so the editing is taking place on a new one. Please let me know if the discrepancy between the sound is too great.
deLorinel

Post by deLorinel »

Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_17.mp3

I have one note in this chapter. This line:

CROWD2: “Long live Foo-foo the First, King of the Mooncalves!” followed by hootings, cat-calls,
and peals of laughter.

contains a line for the Narrator, which I did record.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: December 11th, 2022, 6:22 pm Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_17.mp3

I have one note in this chapter. This line:

CROWD2: “Long live Foo-foo the First, King of the Mooncalves!” followed by hootings, cat-calls,
and peals of laughter.

contains a line for the Narrator, which I did record.
Thank you very much. I'll update the script, and if CROWD2 already read that line, I can cut it out when I edit.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

tjperkins wrote: December 11th, 2022, 4:19 pm

Should I try to align my speaking with that of the other two crowd readers? (To the extent possible.) If we're reading at different speeds and you overlay the three, will it be intelligible?
If you want to try, that would be great. But if not (or if they are too far apart already) don't worry about it. I may offset the voices so the crowd is talking out of sync, rather than overlaying and trying to get the same words at the exact time.
Krista
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

deLorinel wrote: December 11th, 2022, 5:25 pm Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_16.mp3

One of the shortest ones. I like the way that the Chronicler seems to interrupt the narrator.

I've changed my recording computer since these last few files were originally recorded, so the editing is taking place on a new one. Please let me know if the discrepancy between the sound is too great.
Narrator, chapters 16 & 17 are queued for PL.
Krista
tjperkins

Post by tjperkins »

kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm

If you want to try, that would be great. But if not (or if they are too far apart already) don't worry about it. I may offset the voices so the crowd is talking out of sync, rather than overlaying and trying to get the same words at the exact time.
I did my records and am now editing them, but a question arose. In chapter 15, there is a line "An' the King be mad himself..." It is labeled as CROWD so I suppose all three crowd readers should read it. (I did.) But yet, the narration line immediately above says "and one individual murmured..." So I'm not sure if you really want that line read by all three crowd readers or not? Of course, you can always discard extra readings if you only want it from one of the crowd readers after all.
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

tjperkins wrote: December 13th, 2022, 7:02 am
kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 7:59 pm

I did my records and am now editing them, but a question arose. In chapter 15, there is a line "An' the King be mad himself..." It is labeled as CROWD so I suppose all three crowd readers should read it. (I did.) But yet, the narration line immediately above says "and one individual murmured..." So I'm not sure if you really want that line read by all three crowd readers or not? Of course, you can always discard extra readings if you only want it from one of the crowd readers after all.
Yes, I may have missed that. Please leave it in, and I'll sort it out when I edit. Thanks!
Krista
sati

Post by sati »

kristakz wrote: December 11th, 2022, 2:33 pm Chapters 9 & 13 are ready for PL.
Chapter 9 and 13 PL OK!
Thank you :)
sati

Post by sati »

deLorinel wrote: December 11th, 2022, 5:25 pm Ready for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/princeandthepauper_narrator_16.mp3

Ch 16 Narrator PL OK!