Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Hildegard now PL OK.

Dicky chapters 9-16 PL OK

Oswald chapter 1 PL notes really good reading, but can you please add a little more silence between your lines? They need to have 3-5 seconds, most of yours only have 2. Oswald chapters 2-4 PL OK.

Eliza chapter 14 PL OK

Alice chapters 6-9 PL OK
In God I trust.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Hi Allie,

You haven’t missed the Gruff Governess, have you? I submitted her on January 7, but she’s not in the MW yet.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

I must have! So sorry about that! Thank you so much for letting me know! I will put her in the MW and get to in as soon as I have the chance. If you see anything else that is missing please let me know so I can fix it!

Best wishes, Allie.
In God I trust.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

llamaart wrote: January 20th, 2024, 2:45 pm I must have! So sorry about that! Thank you so much for letting me know! I will put her in the MW and get to in as soon as I have the chance. If you see anything else that is missing please let me know so I can fix it!

Best wishes, Allie.
She's now in the MW as "Ready for spot PL." Was that intentional? I haven't seen any PL notes for her. Or did you intend to hit "Ready for PL" instead? I know that drop-down can be finicky.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Usually for DRs you mark all the separate characters' files as Ready for Spot PL whenever they need to be PLed, but for the finished files, those will be marked Ready for PL. Hope that cleared things up for you!

Best wishes, Allie.
In God I trust.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

llamaart wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:51 pm Usually for DRs you mark all the separate characters' files as Ready for Spot PL whenever they need to be PLed, but for the finished files, those will be marked Ready for PL. Hope that cleared things up for you!

Best wishes, Allie.
Ah, I see. I'm new to the DR scene, hence the dumb question. Thanks.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Different BCs will use different methods for keeping track of their DR MWs. I haven't seen this approach, though, of using Ready for Spot PL that way?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

llamaart wrote: January 21st, 2024, 2:51 pm Usually for DRs you mark all the separate characters' files as Ready for Spot PL whenever they need to be PLed, but for the finished files, those will be marked Ready for PL. Hope that cleared things up for you!

Best wishes, Allie.
I was a little confused about that as well. Hadn't seen it before. Thanks for the explanation.

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

I did mine the same way ish T.J. Burns does hers. Everyone does it differently. 8-)
In God I trust.
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Thank you so much! I will get to them when I can!

Best wishes, Allie.
In God I trust.
damienle

Post by damienle »

Feedback always welcome and very much appreciated.
Reader Page
llamaart

Post by llamaart »

Narrator PL notes for chapter 7, @3:12 I hear, "Staying with her grandmother." the text reads, "Staying with her godmother." Chapter 8 PL OK.

Gruff Governess Wonderful job! a perfect PL OK I have no tips to give. I think you pretty much have got the hang of DRs!

Oswald chapter 1 PL OK. (Just remember to always add 5 second of silence at the end of you recordings. :wink: ) chapter 5 PL OK chapter 6 PL OK chapter 7 PL OK chapter 8 PL notes @0:45 You missed the line, "Chapter 7 by the editors." this line goes right before the line, "And so when the dragon was dead..." @the very end Please say "Oswald" aftre you finish you last line because he wrote that snippet of the paper. Now I have a tip. You don't have to say, "Oswald read by ____" at the beginning of every file. Just one time is sufficient. :wink:

A big thank you to everyone and have an amazing weekend!
In God I trust.