Librivox contents in machine readable format?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Does anyone know if it is possible to gather the Librivox data (index of books) in a text or machine-readable format? I haven't been able to dig anything up, but I admit I haven't done much more than browse the help section of LV and the forum. I'd like to be able to diff Guetenberg contents (which is available in machine-readable format) with Librivox for some book types, rather than having to search one-by-one to see if a book has been read already.

Or perhaps someone has already done this?
Krista
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Here is our API thread that might help you with this:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44129

However, not all our books (certainly not those in other languages) come from gutenberg.org, there are many other sources our readers use, sometimes even hard cover books. So even if you get a feasible result, it doesn't mean you shouldn't double-check by hand. :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
kristakz

Post by kristakz »

Availle wrote: April 28th, 2022, 6:33 am Here is our API thread that might help you with this:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=44129

However, not all our books (certainly not those in other languages) come from gutenberg.org, there are many other sources our readers use, sometimes even hard cover books. So even if you get a feasible result, it doesn't mean you shouldn't double-check by hand. :D
Thank you very much. That's just what I was looking for. And of course I'd check by hand. Mostly I'm hoping to eliminate a portion of the books at Gutenberg which are already recorded, so there is less to wade through manually :)
Krista
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Here's a similar page someone else developed viewtopic.php?f=24&t=52724
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

The link from the latter topic only includes books on PG and LV recordings as of 2014. Thus a lot of what shows up as not recorded has in fact been recorded since that time.
Jo
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Ah.. I thought it was directly and still connected with the API. Thanks!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I noticed a number of books that I knew were recorded, so I went to look at the github source he links and from there to his blog where he discusses why.
Jo