The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings and others

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
Naomi06

Post by Naomi06 »

Hello, here are a few books I thought would be nice for Librivox's collection! I'm just starting but I would totally help by reading in a collaborative project or a part in a dramatic as well if anyone would be interested in hosting the whole thing.

-The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (I didn't find this one in Librivox, though I do think it is in PD by now, in Canada at least, since the author died in 1953)

-Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates by Mary Mapes Dodge

-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

-Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe (Thought this one might be great as a dramatic, especially since there are already two solo versions. The same thought for Great Expectations)

Interested to hear what you guys think :)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

-The Yearling by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (I didn't find this one in Librivox, though I do think it is in PD by now, in Canada at least, since the author died in 1953)
This was published in 1938, so it won't be PD in the US until 2034.

The rest are in the catalog already, but it sounds like you'd like to help record new versions. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Naomi06

Post by Naomi06 »

This was published in 1938, so it won't be PD in the US until 2034.

The rest are in the catalog already, but it sounds like you'd like to help record new versions. :)

Oh okay that explains it, thanks! And yes I've been watching the forum quite closely, especially the dramatic pages :D