[OK]Reader name error

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
AVS19FAN

Post by AVS19FAN »

Hello,

One of our Librivox readers reached out to me to request a reader name change on a book he read. Emailed copied in here:

On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 2:40 PM John Greenman <email removed by admin> wrote:

Could you please change your listing for Winnie the Pooh (Version 3) to say:
"Read by John and Katie Greenman”
and NOT
"Read by LibriVox Volunteers”

Thank you!!!

John Greenman
phone number removed by admin!

Kind regards,
Danielle

My Archive.org audio recordings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Danielle,

I don't know where he is referring to. Both the LV catalog page and the archive.org page for the book have both of their names listed.
Jo
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

In the sidebar on the LV page, it shows "Read by: LibriVox Volunteers". But that's a programming result; we can't manually change it.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Ah. Good point, Tricia. I missed that. I'm wondering if he is using the LibriVox app by Book Design. At least in the online version, on the index page it must pick up what is in the sidebar. (Also it appears that they added this to their app before the catalog page was edited to include Katie as a reader).
Jo
msfry

Post by msfry »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: March 24th, 2022, 2:03 pm Ah. Good point, Tricia. I missed that. I'm wondering if he is using the LibriVox app by Book Design. At least in the online version, on the index page it must pick up what is in the sidebar. (Also it appears that they added this to their app before the catalog page was edited to include Katie as a reader).
I concur that the Librivox Audiobook App must pick up what's in the sidebar. That is why, in my duet "Ingersoll on Robert Burns", I began the summary "This is a duet by Michele Fry and Kay Williams, because the sidebar couldn't list two names.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

If John really wants it it could be added to the summary. However I do not know what changes trigger changes on any of the many other sites using our files - they are usually not directly linked, they are harvested.

Anne