Your LOW tech secrets

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

I have moved my microphone off my desk. My cunning plan, my noble aspiration, was to avoid recording my mouse clicks. My current high tech solution is:

- Blue Snowball Ice microphone on its tripod stand.
- The Stand is on a stool.
- Two thick books are on the stand below microphone.

Then my high tech sticky tape technology comes into play. I have sticky taped my microphone's three stand legs onto the thick books that are resting on the stool. This stops my microphone from doing an Olympic dive off the stool to impress the judges and get maximum points.

Tonight in between recording sections on the Tarot, namely the Hierophant and The Emperor, my sticky taped mic came loose. Quickly I grabbed my sticky tape supplements and prevented an emergency.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

lightcrystal wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:35 am I have moved my microphone off my desk. My cunning plan, my noble aspiration, was to avoid recording my mouse clicks....

Then my high tech sticky tape technology comes into play. I have sticky taped my microphone's three stand legs onto the thick books that are resting on the stool. This stops my microphone from doing an Olympic dive off the stool to impress the judges and get maximum points.

Great. Now I have an image in my head of a cartoon animated microphone diving into a glass of water and I can't get it out of my head. 🎤🍷

OK. It's a glass of wine, but I couldn't find a glass of water emoji.
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

lightcrystal wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:35 am I have moved my microphone off my desk. My cunning plan, my noble aspiration, was to avoid recording my mouse clicks. My current high tech solution is:

Tonight in between recording sections on the Tarot, namely the Hierophant and The Emperor, my sticky taped mic came loose. Quickly I grabbed my sticky tape supplements and prevented an emergency.
Why don't you get a proper mic stand that will have three legs and go to any required height you need for the mic? It will also protect the mic from falling and maybe getting damaged. I'm not sure how much they cost these days, but I don't think mine was that expensive, (I have two stands in fact) and they last a lifetime. I leave my mic permanently on the stand with a wind and dust cover, and it's always been fine (touch wood!) - and it's a £700 mic.
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

lurcherlover wrote: February 12th, 2022, 3:16 am
lightcrystal wrote: February 6th, 2022, 5:35 am I have moved my microphone off my desk. My cunning plan, my noble aspiration, was to avoid recording my mouse clicks. My current high tech solution is:

Why don't you get a proper mic stand that will have three legs and go to any required height you need for the mic? It will also protect the mic from falling and maybe getting damaged. I'm not sure how much they cost these days, but I don't think mine was that expensive, (I have two stands in fact) and they last a lifetime. I leave my mic permanently on the stand with a wind and dust cover, and it's always been fine (touch wood!) - and it's a £700 mic.
:thumbs:
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.