[ANSWERED]Editing the magic window

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

I’m having trouble logging into the Librivox Workflow page to edit the Magic Window on a project I’m helping assist as DPL. I've followed the steps and the pdf with detailed instructions, but I keep getting the message "You don't have permissions for this area." after resetting the password for my BC & MC login (as opposed to my forum password), despite making sure I was logged out of the forum.

Does anyone have a suggestion or any tips for me as to what else could cause that issue! Any help would be much appreciated!
Phil
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Phil. You don't have to be logged out of the forum to login to the workflow. They are two separate systems with separate logins (unless of course you used the same password for both).

If you end up at the page that says "you don't have permissions for this area" - click the link below that message to logout. Then on the workflow login page, login again with your forum username and workflow password. This typically happens when you have logged into the uploader with the generic uploader username and password and then try to login to the workflow without logging out first.

ETA Note: You will only be able to login to the workflow if you are entered into the workflow as a BC or DPL. Access to specific section compilers is further restricted to the BC or DPL for that project.
Jo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

If you're referring to the Out of the Closet collection, it's because you have not been entered as DPL for that project. When you look at the MW, you can see that Chuck is DPL. From glancing at the last few posts, it looks like you are not talking over completely as DPL, but are splitting the chapters with him. Is that right? In that case, you would not be entered as DPL and would not have access to the MW. Simply post your PL notes in the thread.

As a side note though, it's often best to ask about these kinds of issues in the thread for the project you're having trouble with. Very often, it is project-specific, and the people in that thread are best positioned to be able to help.
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

Thank you both for your help! It’s exactly right that I’m helping PL for Out of the Closet- I’ll just go ahead and post there to let Chuck know when things can be updated in the magic window.
Phil