COMPLETED, Weird Tales, vol. 2, by E.T.A. Hoffmann - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I've got them pulled for tomorrow :)
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks for bumping them, Tom. I've been reworking my modus operandi a bit since Scott and I both do editing and BC'ing now (only 1 computer for that) - and looking at incoming posts on my phone hasn't been the best way of managing things, it turns out.

I've got the first two PL'd today, but the booster I got yesterday is putting me to sleep. I'll hit the rest tomorrow.

The end of the Doge and Dogess tale is PL OK :thumbs:
as is the first of the Master Cooper tale :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

You're the best, Lynette.

Tom
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Okay :) All of the sections for Cooper Martin's story and also the story of Mademoiselle de Scudéry are PL OK

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Very entertaining tales
~Lynette * -
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

What a whirlwind!

Tom
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

It was a good day for it. :) My Lupus body needed me to take it easy, but my brain was fully alert. Perfect time for some serious PL'ing!
~Lynette * -
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I've begun the next story, "Gambler's Luck": https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/weirdtales2_11_hoffmann_128kb.mp3.

It will occupy only two parts. The third place, which I had created in the lineup of the MW, I moved to the end so that it can be deleted when the time comes. BTW, I could not delete it or identify the reader.

Tom
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sections can only be deleted by MCs, to save the "Oh, no! Ooops! Help - save me!" messages. :lol:

To choose the reader, you have to click on the name in the pick list that pops up, or else it won't "take". You can either try again for your own edification, or I can do it for you. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

I would guess there were a few too many accidental deletions of sections holding needed files in the early days? If I'd been around then, I could have done that, I would think, on group or DR projects! :lol:

Tom, Part 3 and 4 of Mademoiselle de Scudéry's tale are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs: Maaaybe that one's my favorite, so far?

And hey - I'm passing this find on to folks this week, because after two years of wanting such a thing, I accidentally found these two free editing add-ons for Audacity that are AWESOME for those of us who either have mouth clicks or whistle-y S's:

Updated De-Clicker and New De-Esser for Speech
A little video specifically about DeEsser For Free In Audacity

I don't know if you use Audacity? I'm a computer imbecile, so it took me forever to figure out how to download/install. This video of AdrianStephen's about something else helped me get the De-Clicker into my Audacity:

Librivox and Audacity. Part 4: ReplayGain plugin

(Sharing simply because they're fantastic tools, and I had no idea they even existed)
~Lynette * -
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

The de-essing is a major problem, and Audition, the program in which I do all my recording and much of my editing, provides inferior help in this regard. I have collected lots of sibilants and use this collection to define a noise-reduction operation, but I have not been able to find a way of reducing the worst shrieks without eliminating the tolerable ones. I will try the Audacity extension. Thanks, Lynette.

Tom
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Part 1 of Gambler's Luck is PL OK :thumbs:

Oh, I didn't know yet about Audition. maybe there are similar plug-ins for that?
~Lynette * -
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I think,Tricia, that I would have to use a different browser to get a pick list to appear, so I guess you'll need to add the reader when all is done.

The end of "Gambler's Luck" is now ready to Pl, Lynette: https://librivox.org/reader/6249. However, I have not yet experimented with the de-esser, so I may be tampering with it later on. Don't rush.

Tom
chymocles

Post by chymocles »

I'm going to take a little time out before the last story, just to deal with the de-esser. I overlooked the video you referred to, Lynette.

Tom
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Hi, Tom - I'm sorry I'm not able to be more helpful regarding computer "things" - It looks to me like you're using a Mac? If so, Ciufi does, also, and I'd told her about the De-Esser when I found it, and she installed it very quickly. Maybe she can be helpful? I'm 100% certain she wouldn't mind if you sent her a message to find out if she can help.

And the second part of the Gambler's story is PL OK :thumbs: Rather grim one!
~Lynette * -