SOLO The Campfire Girls in the Woods by Jane L. Stewart -ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Here's an updated link to that document. For some reason the old links are no longer working.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ/
Jo
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks Jo - I've changed my stored link, It's a while since I've had a new BC

Anne
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

Thanks, Jo!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Do you need a DPL? If so, I would like to volunteer!
Christine
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

brownrottger wrote: January 26th, 2022, 11:21 am Do you need a DPL? If so, I would like to volunteer!
Christine
Thank you, Christine! That would be great! I haven't gotten things going on the recording end yet--have been waiting to have a quiet house with none of my sisters children visiting and getting my area properly set up for recording. They left today so I can finally get things moving.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Now our team is complete - off to going solo . Hold on tight ...........

Anne
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

Just a little update. I have the first chapter recorded but I've been changing things up with my recording setup so it still needs to be edited up and then I will upload it. I think I was a little too optimistic when I set the date for hoped project completion. xD
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

bethyhope96 wrote: February 24th, 2022, 3:22 pm Just a little update. I have the first chapter recorded but I've been changing things up with my recording setup so it still needs to be edited up and then I will upload it. I think I was a little too optimistic when I set the date for hoped project completion. xD
No worries whatsoever. I'll be here when you need me.
Christine
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

Chapter 1 is finally ready! But I was having so many issues recording it, it honestly may need to be recorded again. Then again, it's probably better someone else listen because my ears only want to catch the bad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/campfiregirlsinthewoods_01_stewart_128kb.mp3
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

bethyhope96 wrote: March 28th, 2022, 2:17 pm Chapter 1 is finally ready! But I was having so many issues recording it, it honestly may need to be recorded again. Then again, it's probably better someone else listen because my ears only want to catch the bad.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/campfiregirlsinthewoods_01_stewart_128kb.mp3
Excellent voice acting and dramatization of this book!
Chapter 1 notes:
3:26 Missing text page 14 starting with "Bessie finished her dishes ... (thru page 15) "I'm goin' to drive into town, she said" before "An if that butter ain't done"
Shorten ending silence to 5 seconds exactly.
Thanks!
Christine
P.S. friendly feedback for future: Some of the spaces between sentences are just a touch too long. Hope this helps. Otherwise this recording is perfect and extremely enjoyable!!
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

Ope! I know I recorded those butter lines! I must have accidentally deleted them when editing. *facepalm* We'll get it sorted. And thank you for the comments and advice.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

bethyhope96 wrote: March 28th, 2022, 3:53 pm Ope! I know I recorded those butter lines! I must have accidentally deleted them when editing. *facepalm* We'll get it sorted. And thank you for the comments and advice.
No worries ever!
Best,
Christine
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

Looks like I've saved over it irreparably if I did have it. Alas. I'll just have to record and see if I can fit that bit in naturally
bethyhope96

Post by bethyhope96 »

I'm still here. I started a new job and it's taken up a lot of energy. I also got a new mic so I'm going to test it out and I may just have to re-record.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

bethyhope96 wrote: June 28th, 2022, 9:27 am I'm still here. I started a new job and it's taken up a lot of energy. I also got a new mic so I'm going to test it out and I may just have to re-record.
No worries! Thanks for checking in!
Christine