SOLO [Irish] An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach by Dúbhglas de h-Íde - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and PL ok. I'm always happy when I understand the full title with my little Irish I learnt years ago :lol:

Careful with the end silence, you are here barely over 4 seconds, don't make any less...we usually want a standard full 5 seconds. No need to reupload for this only though, it's fine as it is, just maybe remember for next sections.

Thanks, and have a good weekend

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi, Sonia.

Chapter 18 now ready for PL.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks, another great reading :9:

textually all ok, I would only suggest trimming a few overlong silences here, to under 2 seconds:

> from 2:14 to 2:17: (p. 260) between "bpoll úd thall" and "bhí an tarbh dubh"
> from 5:19 to 5:21: (p. 262) between "sé briste" and "lá ar na mhárach"
> from 11:55 to 11:57: between "fuair mise é" and "deireadh caibidil a hocht déag"

Yesterday I recorded a new Morgana saga chapter and there were quite a few Irish bits in it again. :? I may have to ask you for help soon again. I recorded them as I thought they would sound good, but I prefer to double check with you. Will write you a PM soon about it.

Thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Caibidil 18 now ready for spot PL.
I actually edited out a lot more silence (but nothing else). I think I'm editing while zoomed out too far in Audacity, and I don't see the silences so clearly until I'm zoomed in.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: October 13th, 2022, 4:43 pmCaibidil 18 now ready for spot PL.
I actually edited out a lot more silence (but nothing else). I think I'm editing while zoomed out too far in Audacity, and I don't see the silences so clearly until I'm zoomed in.
I don't even have to look, while I'm listening to it I notice that some silences are way too long. I notice I get that "dragging out" feeling especially when it gets over 2 seconds of silence. But yes, I always zoom in to see every second in the meter-bar on top of the audio waves. That way I can edit much more accurately.

You didn't know this, usually you only should correct what's in the PL notes. But as soon as you correct anything else than the PL notes, it would be helpful to give me the exact time spots to re-check, like I gave them to you. Because as soon as there is anything else changed, I need to re-check it all from scratch if I don't get the Spot PL time stamps. :( Even with only a silence trimmed, it can quickly happen that you cut off a word as well. (it already happened in other recordings, I speak from experience). I checked the 12 minutes again now, but I would have saved time if I only had to do a Spot PL. Just mentioning it for next time then.

Thank you, this one is PL ok now

Oh and the first PM with some Irish words has been sent to you ;)

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Understood, Sonia. Next time I'll "spot PL" only the named spots!
Caibidil 20 now ready for PL.
And I'll look at your DM tonight too, so stand by.
B
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: October 17th, 2022, 6:23 pmCaibidil 20 now ready for PL.
:thumbs: and perfectly PL ok, thanks. I was thrilled that I remembered the Irish word for 20. 8-) Some small bits are still left in my memory from those courses at university.

And thanks for the words ! Will work them in tonight and the next few days. They are a big help.

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Caibidil 24 now ready for PL.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: October 21st, 2022, 2:43 pmCaibidil 24 now ready for PL.
:thumbs: and PL ok. I was thrilled to hear you say Cuchullin multiple times, since it gives me good practice to say the name in my own solo, it creeps up quite often there :lol:

thanks, and have a good rest of the weekend still

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Caibidil 34 now ready for PL.

Brian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: October 25th, 2022, 5:01 pmCaibidil 34 now ready for PL.
perfectly PL ok. Love it when there is a lot of dialogue. Well done. Thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi, Sonia.

Caibidil 15 now ready for PL.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: October 31st, 2022, 6:56 pmCaibidil 15 now ready for PL.
thank you, beautifully narrated again, it's so agreeable to listen to your voice

a few small corrections though:

> at 0:14: you forgot the title "Cumhdach na bhfeadog"

> at 8:59: (p. 236) four lines missing: from "Ná téidhigh ró fhada uaim anois"... to "na feadóga 'na thimchioll" - it seems this sentence is repeated multiple times :hmm: that's probably why you skipped the lines by accident

> at the end: you only have 3 seconds of silence, please add 2 more to make up to the standard 5

thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia. Those errors have been corrected. That recording is now ready for spot PL.
Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: November 7th, 2022, 8:10 pmThose errors have been corrected. That recording is now ready for spot PL.
:thumbs: excellent corrections and now PL ok.

thanks

Sonia