SOLO [Irish] An Sgéaluidhe Gaedhealach by Dúbhglas de h-Íde - tg

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Sorry, Sonia. I am travelling until late August.
I'll see if I can squeeze in a bit of listening, but I don't have much internet access.
Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: July 29th, 2022, 9:09 amSorry, Sonia. I am travelling until late August.
I'll see if I can squeeze in a bit of listening, but I don't have much internet access.
no hurry :) I can always correct later on if you find any errors. This project will not be finished long until you've been back

enjoy your holidays

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

Story #8 "Bás Thomáis Fhuiltigh de Búrca" now ready for PL.
Hope you got my sound file, and that using the Librivox uploader to send it to you was kosher?

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: August 23rd, 2022, 5:48 pmStory #8 "Bás Thomáis Fhuiltigh de Búrca" now ready for PL.
Hope you got my sound file, and that using the Librivox uploader to send it to you was kosher?
yes that was totally fine since it's LV business :thumbs: thank you, I worked in all your corrections, even Morrigan, I couldn't let this stand like this :lol: I blame the series Hercules where they pronounced the name wrong and it stuck with me.

I also sent you the words for the next chapters. Luckily there were not so many Irish words in the upcoming chapters, they are concentrating more on Old French and Middle English at the moment. So I guess there won't be too much work coming in the later chapters for you. Thank you so much for helping me with these. My Irish lessons are too long in the past to remember the pronunciation accurately.

And your new story on Tomais was excellently narrated again. I only found two small cuts to make:

> in the beginning you have nearly 3 seconds of silence. We recommend staying between 0.5 and 1 second maximum, so it won't take too long for the audio to start
> at 2:13: (p. 102) repeat, one version can get cut: "d'ól duine-uasal do bhí i n-aice leis an corn do bhi gleusda do 'n righ"

thanks, and good to have you back !

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi, Sonia.

Corrections made. Now ready for Spot PL.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: September 12th, 2022, 6:01 pmCorrections made. Now ready for Spot PL.
great, now PL ok :)

Did you get my PM with the Irish words ? I would love to continue my solo, but I'm waiting for your files first, so I won't have to correct too much in the next chapters.

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Sorry - I'll look at that as soon as I have time.
B
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ah a new chapter is up. Please always post a small note in the thread, that way I get notified of updates.

Flawlessly narrated again :thumbs: no textual errors as far as I could tell.

Only one small cut right at the start:

> at the beginning: we recommend between 0.5 and 1 second maximum of silence, you have nearly 5 seconds. The 5 second rule is for the end of section ;)

thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

The extra seconds at the start have been removed, and I have uploaded the clean file.
Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and now PL ok, thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

File #16 uploaded. I've started recording out of order because I think I'll get more done if I move from short files -> longer files. It's so much easier to perfect one's editing abilities on six-minute files rather than twenty minute monsters. I'll be making much fewer errors by the time I get to the longer files.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

brianeanna wrote: September 29th, 2022, 2:27 pmI've started recording out of order because I think I'll get more done if I move from short files -> longer files. It's so much easier to perfect one's editing abilities on six-minute files rather than twenty minute monsters.
oh I can so understand that feeling :? I also much prefer short chapters. Still in my solo I try to plod on in order, otherwise in the end I will have all the "monsters" to do left. :shock: I'm always happy when I finished one longer chapter. Yesterday I recorded for 55 minutes, which is VERY long for my taste. To edit this one will take me one entire day, I'm not much looking forward to that. :? There may also some new Irish samples coming your way soon ;)

Now to your section 16, word perfect reading, only a few small adjustments to ask:

> at 0:01: "caibidil a sé déag" - this time you say "cuid", optional, but maybe you want to stay consistent ?
> from 2:38 to 2:40: (p. 242) between "do rinne an molt" and "éirigh" - the pause feels a bit long, I would cut to under 2 seconds
> from 2:45 to 2:47: (p. 242) between "sé cheana" and "rug Osgar": same here
> from 4:00 to 4:02: (p. 244) between "ann sin" and "a Ghoill": same here
> from 4:50 to 4:52: (p. 244) between "solas coinnle" and "rinne Conán": same here
> at 6:35: "Deireadh Caibidil a sé déag" - also here you say "cuid"

thanks

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Hi Sonia,

I made those changes and reuploaded. Thanks for the notes and tips.

Brianeanna
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, now PL ok :)

Sonia
brianeanna

Post by brianeanna »

Chapter 22 now uploaded and ready for PL.