[ITALIAN] other languages - Italian

Deutsch, Español, Français, Nederlands, Polski, Português, 日本語 ...
petgiusti

Post by petgiusti »

Hallo,
I'm really crazy about reading and I would like to help this wonderful project.
I'm Italian native speaker and would like to read something in my own language, but I can also read in English
Any suggestions?

Ciao
Petula
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

One place to start might be the multilingual poetry collection. You can submit poems in any language to that.

There aren't any collaborative works going on in Italian right now, but once you feel comfortable with the recording process, you could start a project of your own.

And of course, we'd love to hear your English (or any other language) recordings as well. :)
Karen S.
bryterlayter

Post by bryterlayter »

hi I am Laura!!!

I am italian as well but i guess i ll start reading something in english since i cannot wait to get involved into libirvox!!!

in any case i d be happy to join any other italian willing to start a project!(of course i m not that confident to launch one yet!)

ciao!

L.
Cori

Post by Cori »

I'd like to pop this across into Book Suggestions, since it's not directly a Short Work.

Will move it later today, if that's okay with everyone. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Great to see some more Italian readers! We have a few more - Alessia and alibar, and simpa (who has a solo project in Italian), to name but a few.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
shabam

Post by shabam »

I'm soon going to start running some projects that are language readers, for people wanting to learn a language. The first one up to bat is in French, but in looking around for more, I've seen several in Italian. After I finish with the French one, I was planing on a Spanish one (because that is the language I know best, other than English). However, I will not be able to do as much recording as I'd like for a while, so perhaps I'll run one of the Italian ones instead.

If someone is interested in BCing one, I can give you links to some, or you can do a search on PG for "readers" and limit it by Italian. The ones that I saw are in the process at DP, and I've marked them to let me know when they are done, but I can get early editions of the text (they are mostly done) if you are interested in those.

Jason
bryterlayter

Post by bryterlayter »

Hi again!!!

I would love to read something in itaalian and i give my full availability but i couldnt still manage a solo project since i m not yet so skilled about editing and noise removal...ANY ITALIAN ON LIBRIVOX WOULD LIKE TO START A PROJECT???

hope to hear from you soon!

Laura
Cori

Post by Cori »

What sort of book would you like to read, Laura..? Do you have any favourite old authors..?

Do any of the Italian books at Project Gutenberg interest you..?
http://www.gutenberg.org/browse/languages/it
(We get a lot of our English ones there ... they're all out of copyright in the US, though us Europeans need to double-check with the date the author / translator died. Anyone who died before 1937 is okay to record.)
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
bryterlayter

Post by bryterlayter »

hi again!!!

I would like to read La Coscienza di Zeno by Italo Svevo...there should not be problems of copyright....i found it on line at www.ebooksgratis.it
....anybody willing to start it?
...i d love some kafka s work as well...

looking forward!

L
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh, interesting choice, Laura!

We'll just need to do a little research on it, since it's Public Domain in Europe, but being published in 1923, just misses out on being automagically PD in the US (where our files are stored and hosted.)

Kafka would be wonderful, too! My Italian is unfortunately non-existant, but I think this page does NOT say "public domain translations - help yourself!" See what you can find, though! (Published in 1922 or before, or released into the Public Domain explicitly by the translator.)
bryterlayter

Post by bryterlayter »

so la coscienza di zeno is not suitable for librivox???thats a pity!!!!

ill keep looking for other things but i hope there will be volunteers willing to help me:)
Cori

Post by Cori »

bryterlayter wrote:so la coscienza di zeno is not suitable for librivox???thats a pity!!!!
It might be! We just need to do some double-checking about it -- I PMed someone for help already, so, we'll see. It's all about being out of copyright though -- such a hassle!
ill keep looking for other things but i hope there will be volunteers willing to help me:)
I bet there will be. (They're welcome to post here to say so, hint hint!)
shabam

Post by shabam »

Let's see... In order to be out of copyright, one of these rules has to be false:
  1. At least one author was a citizen or resident of a foreign country (outside the US) that's a party to the applicable copyright agreements. (Almost all countries are parties to these agreements.)
  2. The work was still under copyright in at least one author's "home country" at the time the GATT copyright agreement went into effect for that country (January 1, 1996 for most countries).
  3. The work was first published abroad, and not published in the United States until at least 30 days after its first publication abroad.
1 - True. The author was not a citizen or resident of the US.
2 - True (I think). He died in 1928, which in life +70, puts it in PD in 1998.
3 - True. It does not appear to be published in the US till many years later.

So unless Italy approved GATT after Jan 1st 1998, then it is a no go, as far as I can tell. For more information on Rule 6, and other PG copyright rules, see here.

Jason
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

Hello hello hello,

I'm Riccardo, I've already read two weekly poetry, but of course I'd like to read in Italian. Svevo and Kafka are right as anyone else.

Yesterday I've asked by e-mail some questions on copyright to SIAE (the italian society that manages copyright) and I hope they will answer me (sooner or later).

In USA what about "critical editions" of ancient books? If I want to read Machiavelli or Boccaccio I can't read the original book printed in 1532 or in 1351 but I'll read a book printed in 1999 or in 1985, and maybe some great professors have checked many manuscripts before choosing a word or another to put in these contemporary editions. Well, for US are these books still in the public domain?
smarties

Post by smarties »

HiI'm italian and would love to read something in italian, I've recorded something of Dante and something in english but I don't have the experience to open a new project yet.
here is a link with italian author in PD, we have only to check if in the USA is the same.
http://www.liberliber.it/biblioteca