SOLO: Sermons Preached on Various Occasions by John Henry Newman - dc

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Sermon 4 is ready for PL. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Plodmore wrote: April 22nd, 2022, 3:08 pm Sermon 4 is ready for PL. :)
Glad to mark another one PL OK!

~ Larry
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

PM sent to reader.
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Well, eight months is a long break, but Sermon 5 is now ready for PL. I enjoyed doing recording again :D , so I'm hopeful I'll stick with it more consistently. Larry, I hope you are still able to the PL for me.

Russ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Plodmore wrote: December 29th, 2022, 12:09 pm Well, eight months is a long break, but Sermon 5 is now ready for PL. I enjoyed doing recording again :D , so I'm hopeful I'll stick with it more consistently. Larry, I hope you are still able to the PL for me.

Russ
Good to have you back, Russ!
I'm still here. Well, here, but not there.
We left New Hampshire in August and traveled 7,000 miles to southern California, where we've been for less than a month, but plan to be here until May sometime. Great times being close to our older daughter and her family. I'll listen to this as I am able soon.

~ Larry
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

It is nice to hear that you are able to be with your daughter and her family--even though you are a long way from home. We hope to visit our younger daughter and her family this spring.

Sermon 6 is also now ready for PL, and it is a wonderful sermon for the feast of the Holy Family. Take your time in doing the PL for these--and there may be more to come soon.

Russ
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Sermon 7 is ready for PL. Again, don't feel any pressure to get to these. I have some spare time and the motivation is there, so I'm striking while the iron is hot.

Russ
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

I'm still on a roll! Sermon 8 is ready for PL.

Russ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Keep on rolling! I'll catch up.
Sermon 5 is PL OK.

~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Plodmore wrote: January 6th, 2023, 10:30 am I'm still on a roll! Sermon 8 is ready for PL.

Russ
Thought it appropriate to listen to a few extra sermons on this Sunday, and am glad to mark these all as PL OK!

You are past the half-way mark for this book now. :thumbs:

~ Larry
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Larry, I have a question for you. The book threw me a curve ball in the ninth inning. Sermon nine is in two parts. Together they are 1:34 in length and thus beyond the 90 minute length limit I remember LibriVox having for recordings. Should I request that an additional section be added to the book form, or is it better to just inject the long sermon in one slot.

Russ
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Plodmore wrote: February 18th, 2023, 2:35 pm Larry, I have a question for you. The book threw me a curve ball in the ninth inning. Sermon nine is in two parts. Together they are 1:34 in length and thus beyond the 90 minute length limit I remember LibriVox having for recordings. Should I request that an additional section be added to the book form, or is it better to just inject the long sermon in one slot.

Russ
Not a problem.
Put Part I and Part II in separate sections.

You can add another section easily. When you click on BC Admin, you will see a tab upper left that says Add Section. Click on that, then on "Add" and you will have a new section in the MW. If you ever need to delete a section for some reason, that can be done only by an admin, and note to the project MC will get it done.

~ Larry
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Thanks so much for your helpful response regarding inserting a new section. Sermon 9, both parts one and two, is ready for PL.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Plodmore wrote: March 1st, 2023, 3:24 pm Thanks so much for your helpful response regarding inserting a new section. Sermon 9, both parts one and two, is ready for PL.
Both PL OK!

~ Larry
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Hello again Larry. I hope things are going well for you. After a longish hiatus, Sermon 11 is ready for PL.

Russ