[ROMANCE] Fiander's Widow by M.E. Francis -jo

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: โ†‘November 18th, 2021, 6:14 amI've also added the subtitles to the beginning of the two parts. Let me know if it's not in the right place!
:thumbs: yes perfect, it looks neat now.

And both chapters are PL ok. Oh I enjoyed the gossiping matrons :lol: And it was so clear they were green with envy that such a young woman would get so much money, so they needed to convince themselves that at least she should not have the enjoyment of another love in her life. So much happiness would have been unbearable to them. :roll:

Looking forward to what the plot brings next... have a nice weekend

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Thank you Sonia, I'm so annoyed, I've got the house to myself this week so plenty of opportunity to record a few more chapters and I've come down with a bit of a cold. I never have a cold!.. i don't want to sound too 'snuffly' so I'll see how it goes - great timing!!....GRRRR. :cry:
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Hi! Just a quick update - just getting over yet another cough (honestly canโ€™t believe it, as I said before I am usually very healthy!) plus had a house full over Christmas so Iโ€™m looking forward to getting rid of everyone :lol: so I can start recording again. Iโ€™ve recorded the next two chapters, I just need to listen and edit before I upload them.
I didnโ€™t want you thinking Iโ€™d disappeared! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year xx
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: โ†‘January 1st, 2022, 6:16 am Hi! Just a quick update - just getting over yet another cough (honestly canโ€™t believe it, as I said before I am usually very healthy!) plus had a house full over Christmas so Iโ€™m looking forward to getting rid of everyone :lol: so I can start recording again. Iโ€™ve recorded the next two chapters, I just need to listen and edit before I upload them.
I didnโ€™t want you thinking Iโ€™d disappeared! Hope you had a great Christmas and New Year xx
thank you for the update. I'll be waiting patiently. Good luck with your cough.

And Happy New Year to you as well :)

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Here's section three finally.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_03_francis_128kb.mp3 Track time - 20:44

Enjoy! A few admirers making excuses to visit the poor unfortunate young widow heh heh. I feel bad that she can't tell them all to sod off! :)
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: โ†‘January 17th, 2022, 9:54 amEnjoy! A few admirers making excuses to visit the poor unfortunate young widow heh heh. I feel bad that she can't tell them all to sod off! :)
:lol: this was indeed pathetic, the way they roamed around her like vultures already, the husband not being quite cold yet. Well, I don't think those two have the glimmer of a chance.

Still curious how it will all unfold. This chapter was again marvelously narrated, only one small cosmetical bit at the end:

> end of section 3: you say end of chapter 2. Since you decided to go with the section notation to stay consistent, it would be good to have this standardized ending as well

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

:lol: this was indeed pathetic, the way they roamed around her like vultures already, the husband not being quite cold yet. Well, I don't think those two have the glimmer of a chance.[\quote]

Not a glimmer! :D
only one small cosmetical bit at the end:

> end of section 3: you say end of chapter 2. Since you decided to go with the section notation to stay consistent, it would be good to have this standardized ending as well

Sonia
Yes I see, I hadn't noticed that! Thanks I've changed it to Section 3 and reloaded it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_03_francis_128kb.mp3 Track time 20:21

Sections 4 & 5 are done, I just need to listen to them and edit!
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: โ†‘January 18th, 2022, 6:15 am Yes I see, I hadn't noticed that! Thanks I've changed it to Section 3 and reloaded it.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_03_francis_128kb.mp3 Track time 20:21
well patched but now you only have barely 3 seconds of silence at the end instead of 5...let's leave it for this once ;) but please be careful to put in the standard 5 in your sections.

Thanks, now PL ok

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Here's section four.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_04_francis_128kb.mp3 - Track time 15:52

Ready for PL. I'm torn between her being a grumpy git to knowing that her farm servants are definitely taking advantage of her... :D

Also noted your points about the seconds of silence at the end of section three (!!!) I can go in and add some more seconds at some point, just to make it right.
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Bagpussbee wrote: โ†‘February 21st, 2022, 6:06 amAlso noted your points about the seconds of silence at the end of section three (!!!) I can go in and add some more seconds at some point, just to make it right.
no it's fine for one section, don't worry about it for this time. And the new section is totally PL ok, including the end silence :thumbs: and I agree...the servants are taking this event for an excuse to be lazy. :evil: Poor Rosalie. I hope she can keep the upper hand before a new man comes along and "saves the day". :roll:

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Here's the next exciting installment - section 5, chapter 4

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_05_francis_128kb.mp3 track time 13:15

Enjoy!
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah another chapter :9: and again well narrated and flawlessly PL ok. :thumbs: If Rosalie continues like this she will end up with the old house-friend as second husband :lol: Then the people in the village will gossip ;) about her taking "elderly" husbands to inherit their farms fast :mrgreen: She needs to be careful.

Thanks

Sonia
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Thank you Sonia - maybe she wants to take over the entire county! ๐Ÿคฃ
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Bagpussbee

Post by Bagpussbee »

Hi Sonia

Here's another chapter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/fianderswidow_06_francis_128kb.mp3 track length 15:22

Everyone is putting throwing their toys of out their prams and putting their foot down in this chapter :lol:
๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ ๐ŸŒธ
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

YES !!! she did well standing up for herself and not be bullied by those brothers. :thumbs: And the boy with the nice smile has good cards already :mrgreen:

Totally PL ok. Thanks

Sonia