[Solo]The Knave of Diamonds by Ethel M. Dell - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 14 is PL OK! :thumbs:
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have posted Section 15.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

SirenaRose wrote: April 26th, 2022, 8:46 pm I have posted Section 15.
Section 15 sounds great, as always! I have just two notes that are about such minor changes that you might decide to leave them as is:

- At 0:51, "and she evaded him so adroitly," I hear "and she evaded him so adrotly."
- At 13:54, "he repeatedly coolly," you say "he replied coolly."
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have reposted Section 15 with these corrections.
Scarbo wrote: April 27th, 2022, 5:58 pm
SirenaRose wrote: April 26th, 2022, 8:46 pm I have posted Section 15.
Section 15 sounds great, as always! I have just two notes that are about such minor changes that you might decide to leave them as is:

- At 0:51, "and she evaded him so adroitly," I hear "and she evaded him so adrotly."
- At 13:54, "he repeatedly coolly," you say "he replied coolly."
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 15 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have posted Section 16.
Also, I wanted to let you know that I changed my target completion date from being July 1st, 2022 to being December 21st, 2022.
I am very excited to record the next few chapters! We learn more about Anne's backstory and see her and Nap's relationship develop.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 16 is PL OK! :thumbs: I'm looking forward to the next few chapters! I've been enjoying this so far, but no surprise there since it's a Dell novel. :D

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have posted Section 17.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 17 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I wanted to give you an update: I've been working hard on Section 18 and will be posting it tomorrow. :thumbs:
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have posted Section 18.
This is definitely one of my favorite chapters because we learn about the backstory of Anne's marriage to Sir Giles and get to see more of Anne and Nap's friendship. :9:
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 18 is PL OK! :thumbs:

I have to say I had this reaction when Anne told Nap why she married Sir Giles!: :shock:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have posted Section 19.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 19 sounds great, as always! I have just two notes:

- At 9:13, "had seemed to warrant," you pronounce "warrant" with a short A sound, which I wanted to mention in case you preferred to change it to a long A.
- At 9:24, "to have left without bidding him farewell," you say "to have left without biding him farewell."

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Scarbo,
I have made these two changes to Section 19 and have re-posted it.
Scarbo wrote: July 31st, 2022, 3:50 pm Section 19 sounds great, as always! I have just two notes:

- At 9:13, "had seemed to warrant," you pronounce "warrant" with a short A sound, which I wanted to mention in case you preferred to change it to a long A.
- At 9:24, "to have left without bidding him farewell," you say "to have left without biding him farewell."