[Solo]The Knave of Diamonds by Ethel M. Dell - kit

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 27 sounds great! I have just one note and one optional note. At 8:07, "A.1., gilt-edged, quality of the best," you say "A.I., gilt-edged, quality of the best."

Optional note: at 12:07, "He wants a stanch friend," you say "He wants a staunch friend." "Stanch" is just an alternative form of "staunch," so this could easily be left as is. It's up to you!
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll post my edits to Section 27 in the next day or two.
I've recorded and have started editing Section 28, so hopefully I'll be able to post that in the next 1-2 weeks.
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have made these two changes and have re-posted Section 27.
Scarbo wrote: August 3rd, 2023, 4:39 pm Section 27 sounds great! I have just one note and one optional note. At 8:07, "A.1., gilt-edged, quality of the best," you say "A.I., gilt-edged, quality of the best."

Optional note: at 12:07, "He wants a stanch friend," you say "He wants a staunch friend." "Stanch" is just an alternative form of "staunch," so this could easily be left as is. It's up to you!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

The edits for section 27 are good to go! There's just one minor change to make to the file: I'm seeing in Checker that the volume is 93.4. Could you lower it to within the target volume range of 87-92 dB?
For the time being, I'll need a little more time than usual to PL sections that come in on weekdays. Thanks for your patience.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Thank you so much for mentioning this because it made me realize that I attached my version of the file that didn't have the noise reduction and volume edits that I made originally. I have now uploaded the correct file, with the two word changes, too.
Scarbo wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 2:29 pm The edits for section 27 are good to go! There's just one minor change to make to the file: I'm seeing in Checker that the volume is 93.4. Could you lower it to within the target volume range of 87-92 dB?
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 27 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have posted Section 28.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 28 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Hi Sarah,
I just wanted to give a quick update: I've been actively working on Section 29 and am in the editing process. It's a pretty lengthy chapter, so it might take me a few more weeks to finish editing, but I'll post it as soon as I'm done. :thumbs:
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have posted Section 29. Poor Dot! :lol:
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 29 sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- At 4:19, "and was reading diligently for the English Bar," I hear "and was reading digilently for the English Bar"
- At 8:53, "was cordially invited," I hear "was quarterly invited"
- At 9:55, "unanimously urged upon himself," I hear "ununanimously urged upon himself"
- At 10:51, "You seem to find Luke irresistible," you say "You seem to find Lucas irresistible"

And indeed! At least that's all cleared up now for her!

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

I have made these four changes and have re-posted Section 29.
Scarbo wrote: December 5th, 2023, 6:00 pm Section 29 sounds great! I have just a few notes:

- At 4:19, "and was reading diligently for the English Bar," I hear "and was reading digilently for the English Bar"
- At 8:53, "was cordially invited," I hear "was quarterly invited"
- At 9:55, "unanimously urged upon himself," I hear "ununanimously urged upon himself"
- At 10:51, "You seem to find Luke irresistible," you say "You seem to find Lucas irresistible"

And indeed! At least that's all cleared up now for her!
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

There's one phrase that you might decide can be left as is, but that I wanted to mention just in case: at 9:56, "unanimously urged upon himself," "unanimously" is generally pronounced "yoo-nanimously." But this note is optional since it's more about pronunciation than saying a word that differs from the text, so it's up to you as to how to proceed! I've gone ahead and marked this chapter PL OK.

Sarah
SirenaRose

Post by SirenaRose »

Good catch! I have now re-posted Section 29 with the pronunciation change to "yoo-nanimously".
Scarbo wrote: January 1st, 2024, 12:51 pm There's one phrase that you might decide can be left as is, but that I wanted to mention just in case: at 9:56, "unanimously urged upon himself," "unanimously" is generally pronounced "yoo-nanimously." But this note is optional since it's more about pronunciation than saying a word that differs from the text, so it's up to you as to how to proceed! I've gone ahead and marked this chapter PL OK.
Scarbo

Post by Scarbo »

Section 29 is PL OK! :thumbs:

Sarah