COMPLETE [History] Men of Iron by Howard Pyle-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 24 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 16 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 25 is PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 28 is PL OK
Michele
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

KevinS wrote: December 27th, 2023, 10:45 pm
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 27th, 2023, 9:00 pm Kevin,
You don't need to rename any files, and I think everything has been claimed for editing, so the only thing left for you is to deal with any PL comments on the sections you have edited.

Unless ... you want to put together the cast list (audio and code).

I've got a list of all the readers and their roles, in the order they appear, with links to their first recorded section (which should have the voice credit in it), but that's on my other computer. If you're interested, I'll post it tomorrow so you don't need to recreate it ... or I can edit it together when I get a chance ... My thought was just to put the voice credits the the order of the section in which readers first appear.

MaryAnn
I'll be happy to give the cast list a go.
That would be wonderful Kevin. Here's the list of players I put together from the MW.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qUUjJosirNccst3kJ4OzB4VMtcScZ9r5/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114981613741628238522&rtpof=true&sd=true

It's a word document, but I opened it just now in google docs and the formatting and links seem to work.

I'm assuming we can combine sections 1 and 2 in the MW (Dramatis Personae and Introduction) into one section, so I guess that will also need a bit of editing. Feel free to record the intro and outro if it is needed. We will make it section 0 in the catalog, so the intro should be:

"Dramatis Personae and Introduction to Men of Iron by Howard Pyle. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit Librivox.org. Dramatis personae."

And then at the end, "End fo Dramatis Personae and Introduction."

Any questions or problems, please let me know.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kevin,
I see in the MW that I marked you down to edit chapter 33. Is that done and I missed the link to the uploaded file? Or did I make a mistake in putting you down for it?

MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: December 28th, 2023, 7:17 am Kevin,
I see in the MW that I marked you down to edit chapter 33. Is that done and I missed the link to the uploaded file? Or did I make a mistake in putting you down for it?

MaryAnn
Here is Chapter 33: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/menofiron_chapter_33.mp3

I probably did not call enough attention to this.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Kevin,
and sorry that I missed it. You did all that you needed to do, I just got muddled and missed it.

MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm working on the cast list now and am worried that I won't assemble this as people expect.

Does the cast list appear as a separate section? I assume all the cast members appear at one time and in order of appearance, correct?

I am missing where the narrator introduces herself as the narrator so I recorded "Narrator" and then we have Rita read "Read by Rita..."

The same occurs with the herald so I have recorded "Herald" followed by Kalamareader (sp?) saying the 'Read by...' I picked this last from another character's introduction he recorded for this project.

Hope that meets with your approval.

Clear as mud?

If I run into any other oddities, I'll let you know.
Last edited by KevinS on January 7th, 2024, 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Kevin!

Everything you did makes sense to me.

If you followed my word/google doc, then everyone is credited. I created it by sorting the roles in the MW.

I think it makes sense if the cast list comes after the Introduction. Would you mind stitching the two of them together, and adding any additional bridge that's necessary to go from the end of the introduction to the cast list, and then finish out the section with a final disclaimer?

MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 7th, 2024, 3:02 pm Thank you Kevin!

Everything you did makes sense to me.

If you followed my word/google doc, then everyone is credited. I created it by sorting the roles in the MW.

I think it makes sense if the cast list comes after the Introduction. Would you mind stitching the two of them together, and adding any additional bridge that's necessary to go from the end of the introduction to the cast list, and then finish out the section with a final disclaimer?

MaryAnn
I'll be glad to do so. Today or tomorrow!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Here we are. As suggested, I place the cast list after the introduction. I think I've done all the intro/outro correctly, but that will be up to you guys to decide. I can always make corrections. Also, I wasn't sure how to label this, so I have just created, for now, like so:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/menofironintrocastfinal.mp3 (7:15)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you Kevin. I can fix the file name at cataloging. Right now, I've put it in the MW for Michele to PL as a completed section.

MaryAnn
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: January 8th, 2024, 7:28 am Thank you Kevin. I can fix the file name at cataloging. Right now, I've put it in the MW for Michele to PL as a completed section.

MaryAnn
My pleasure!