[Complete] Billy Whiskers: The Autobiography of a Goat, by Frances Trego Montgomery - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

taliarose8 wrote: August 24th, 2021, 6:43 pm
Kalamareader wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 7:38 pm
taliarose8 wrote: August 21st, 2021, 9:05 pm

Here is my edited version of Billy Whiskers: Chapter 2. I am happy to make any more edits that need to be made. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/_billywhiskersautobiography_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3

Thank you, Talia
Hi,

I don't know if you uploaded the uncorrected file or what, but the one you listed here is just like the one before. The noise reduction is still needed where I mentioned. If you need a little help with Noise Reduction, just let me know and I will try to help.

Wayne
Hopefully this is the right one. I had two with the same name so I got confused but I double checked the noise level on this one. Please let me know if I am not doing the noise reduction right.
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/_billywhiskersautobiography_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Thank you, Talia
Talia,

I am sorry to say that in each parts noted above, the noise is still there. The background noise is fine so we will just attack those spots. First, input your file into Audacity. Then hit the "+" button until it spread out enough to see the reading sections clearly. Then 'select' the section from the very first of the recording to just an instant before you start speaking. Then go to Effects, then Noise Reduction at the top of the Audacity page. Click on "Get Noise Profile" After that is loaded, click on Noise Reduction again and then click on "0K". That will take out all of the noise at the beginning. Then go to the noise just before the 4:00 mark and do exactly the same thing there. Then re-save the recording as a mp3 file and then upload again.

One other thing. In this file you have an extra "_" before Billy Whiskers. Just make sure you don't put one there when you convert it to an MP3 file.

That should solve the noise problem. Let's try it and see what happens. :D

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
taliarose8

Post by taliarose8 »

Kalamareader wrote: August 28th, 2021, 9:17 pm
taliarose8 wrote: August 24th, 2021, 6:43 pm
Kalamareader wrote: August 23rd, 2021, 7:38 pm

Hi,

I don't know if you uploaded the uncorrected file or what, but the one you listed here is just like the one before. The noise reduction is still needed where I mentioned. If you need a little help with Noise Reduction, just let me know and I will try to help.

Wayne
Hopefully this is the right one. I had two with the same name so I got confused but I double checked the noise level on this one. Please let me know if I am not doing the noise reduction right.
Thank you, Talia
Talia,

I am sorry to say that in each parts noted above, the noise is still there. The background noise is fine so we will just attack those spots. First, input your file into Audacity. Then hit the "+" button until it spread out enough to see the reading sections clearly. Then 'select' the section from the very first of the recording to just an instant before you start speaking. Then go to Effects, then Noise Reduction at the top of the Audacity page. Click on "Get Noise Profile" After that is loaded, click on Noise Reduction again and then click on "0K". That will take out all of the noise at the beginning. Then go to the noise just before the 4:00 mark and do exactly the same thing there. Then re-save the recording as a mp3 file and then upload again.

One other thing. In this file you have an extra "_" before Billy Whiskers. Just make sure you don't put one there when you convert it to an MP3 file.

That should solve the noise problem. Let's try it and see what happens. :D

Wayne
Here is my version of Billy Whiskers with hopefully the right amount of noice reduction!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billywhiskersautobiography_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to the recording to make it better.
Thank you, Talia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

taliarose8 wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 8:19 pm
Here is my version of Billy Whiskers with hopefully the right amount of noice reduction!

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billywhiskersautobiography_02_montgomery_128kb.mp3
Please let me know if there is anything I need to do to the recording to make it better.
Thank you, Talia
Thanks for working on this!
I've now marked it Ready for Spot PL.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

taliarose8 wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 8:19 pm

Thank you, Talia
Talia,

All your hard word paid off. Not only is the noise reduction good enough, it is perfect!!

Section 2 is now PLOK :thumbs:

Keep up the good work and I hope to hear more from you in the future. :D

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

silverquill wrote: September 2nd, 2021, 10:24 pm
Thanks for working on this!
I've now marked it Ready for Spot PL.
Well Larry,
As far as I can see, all there is are PLOK :thumbs:'s. In my amateur's opinion, it looks like this might be ready for cataloging.

Your turn. :wink:

This sure was a fun little book to listen too. I think many children will enjoy the readings of our talented LV volunteers. :D

Wayne
Wayne
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Yes, you are right, Wayne.
I've checked the MW and all appears to be in order and we can wrap this one up.

I mentioned to my younger brother that we are recording these books, and it brought make fond memories of his childhood reading these. So, I'm sure there will be many who will enjoy listening to these. I have a half-dozen of them prepped on my project list, and I hope some more will become available. I want to do as many of them as we can.

Thank you to all of our talented READERS!
You've given voice to these stories.

On to Lynnet with thanks for good oversight and now the final phase to get this ready for the listening public!!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/billy-whiskers-the-autobiography-of-a-goat-version-2-by-frances-trego-montgomery/

Congratulations, Larry and all readers :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: