[Religion] The American Catholic Quarterly Vol 1-mas

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
jackhill

Post by jackhill »

jackhill wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 9:26 pm Section 0: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_00_various_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:01

Note that the section title in the text is "Salutatory". The Magic Window has "Salutory" which is missing a syllable.

This is my first non-test recording for LibriVox! I tried to do my best, but I'm sure there is lots I could improve, and I'd be happy to try to do so. Thanks for having me!
Hi, I was wondering if this section should be marked as ready for PL, or is there something else I need to do? I don't mean to be a bother if you just haven't gotten to it yet, but, in the alternative, since this is my first submission, I figure it's best not to leave it languishing in the case where I forgot something :) .

And I didn't use the magic words the first time, but I'm happy to have constructive criticism. Since I'm just getting started, I'm sure there's lots to constructively criticize, so try not to overwhelm me with too many things to work on at once, but I'm happy to have feedback on the style, the technical aspects of my recording, or pronunciation. The Latin pronunciation seems like it would be particularly convenient to fix in another editing pass. It's been a number of years since I had a Latin class in high school, and I was only a middling student then :oops:.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

jackhill wrote: January 5th, 2022, 2:19 pm
jackhill wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 9:26 pm Section 0: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_00_various_128kb.mp3

Duration 14:01

Note that the section title in the text is "Salutatory". The Magic Window has "Salutory" which is missing a syllable.

This is my first non-test recording for LibriVox! I tried to do my best, but I'm sure there is lots I could improve, and I'd be happy to try to do so. Thanks for having me!
Hi, I was wondering if this section should be marked as ready for PL, or is there something else I need to do? I don't mean to be a bother if you just haven't gotten to it yet, but, in the alternative, since this is my first submission, I figure it's best not to leave it languishing in the case where I forgot something :) .

And I didn't use the magic words the first time, but I'm happy to have constructive criticism. Since I'm just getting started, I'm sure there's lots to constructively criticize, so try not to overwhelm me with too many things to work on at once, but I'm happy to have feedback on the style, the technical aspects of my recording, or pronunciation. The Latin pronunciation seems like it would be particularly convenient to fix in another editing pass. It's been a number of years since I had a Latin class in high school, and I was only a middling student then :oops:.
Hi Jack
Thank you for your submission. As you note I just haven't got round to putting it in the MW yet but will do later today. Thank you for pointing out the spelling error. Not quite sure I understand what you intended with Magic Words could you please explain a little further. I will PL it over the next few days. I like to PL sections in the order in which they arrive in the various threads that I oversee so there are a few lined up for PL before yours. I don't like to give an exact date when this will be done as it all depends how much time I have on any given day but it will definitely be within the next week or so. Many thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
jackhill

Post by jackhill »

Great, I'm glad that we're (mostly) on the same page. By "magic words" I mean that I would be happy to accept constructive criticism on how to improve. Having read more of the forum posts since my message, that seemed like a phrase that folks used to mean a specific thing in the LibriVox community and I wasn't sure if the original message was clear enough that that sort of feedback would be appropriate.

Thanks for the cat herding that you do! I suppose it's good to be busy as it means we've getting lots of stuff read.
jackhill

Post by jackhill »

I discovered an error I made in the LibriVox boilerplate. Corrected version with duration 14:01 uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_00_various_128kb.mp3
wib66

Post by wib66 »

bthoneycutt wrote: January 5th, 2022, 6:15 am May I claim section 12?
Thank you I will sign you up sorry for the oversight
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 00 is PL OK thanks
Michele
jackhill

Post by jackhill »

wib66 wrote: January 16th, 2022, 12:13 pm Section 00 is PL OK thanks
Great, thank you and thanks for organizing this reading!
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

yourbookvoice wrote: January 22nd, 2022, 3:23 pm Section 34:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_34_various_128kb.mp3
Time: 46m 56s
Kerry Adams
Your Book Voice
queued for PL
Michele
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Hello,
I will take Sections 62 and 63 please.
Mozartjr
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Finally -- Section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_03_various_128kb.mp3 35:57

I should have looked at this more closely -- the Greek is fine, but struggled with the Italian and Latin, hoping it is close enough. And the narrative seemed redundant and circuitous, and in the end never really got to the point, he says. Anyway, it was still an interesting read.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mozartjr wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:12 am Hello,
I will take Sections 62 and 63 please.
Mozartjr
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

silverquill wrote: February 10th, 2022, 12:19 pm Finally -- Section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_03_various_128kb.mp3 35:57

I should have looked at this more closely -- the Greek is fine, but struggled with the Italian and Latin, hoping it is close enough. And the narrative seemed redundant and circuitous, and in the end never really got to the point, he says. Anyway, it was still an interesting read.
Hi Larry thank you for your section I am sure it will be fine. queued for PL
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Section 34 is PL OK
Michele
yourbookvoice

Post by yourbookvoice »

wib66 wrote: February 13th, 2022, 12:29 pm Section 34 is PL OK
Thank you, now on to the next section. Onward and upward. :)