[Religion] The American Catholic Quarterly Vol 1-mas

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
JBev

Post by JBev »

wib66 wrote: June 15th, 2022, 11:14 am
JBev wrote: June 14th, 2022, 12:45 pm Hello!

73 How Shall We Meet the Scientific Heresies of the Day Part 1 by XCSP
74 How Shall We Meet the Scientific Heresies of the Day Part 2 by XCSP

:D
JBev

:evil: :?
So sorry to report that I've had recording equipment glitches, and am still waiting for replacement items. Ugh! Still don't know if/when I can get what I need here -- so, it's close enough to the two-month deadline that I should drop out for sections 73 and 74. Sigh. jb
wib66

Post by wib66 »

So sorry to report that I've had recording equipment glitches, and am still waiting for replacement items. Ugh! Still don't know if/when I can get what I need here -- so, it's close enough to the two-month deadline that I should drop out for sections 73 and 74. Sigh. jb

Hi we are nowhere near the end of this project so I am happy to extend the deadline for you if you wish and we will see what happens. Let me know what you would like to do.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JBev

Post by JBev »

wib66 wrote: August 12th, 2022, 2:00 am

Hi we are nowhere near the end of this project so I am happy to extend the deadline for you if you wish and we will see what happens. Let me know what you would like to do.
Only six short edits within the two recordings, then noise reduction, leveling speech etc. -- have tried everything I know to fix the mic so far, but solution not yet found :roll:
Might have to get a new one (different brand - not going through this again!) and its software.
Audacity editing is super-capable, but it will be like driving a different car, sort of (inserting fixes recorded on different mic into existing wave) so might have to re-record everything. . .
Dangit!
I'm only giving this mic until the end of August to either work or become a target at a skeet range. Then I'll know if I have to order a new one.
Thanks so much for your patience -- I'll update by then! The topic is an interest one and being able to record something in "American" is great fun -- assertive language :lol:
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JBev wrote: August 19th, 2022, 11:26 pm

Only six short edits within the two recordings, then noise reduction, leveling speech etc. -- have tried everything I know to fix the mic so far, but solution not yet found :roll:
Might have to get a new one (different brand - not going through this again!) and its software.
Audacity editing is super-capable, but it will be like driving a different car, sort of (inserting fixes recorded on different mic into existing wave) so might have to re-record everything. . .
Dangit!
I'm only giving this mic until the end of August to either work or become a target at a skeet range. Then I'll know if I have to order a new one.
Thanks so much for your patience -- I'll update by then! The topic is an interest one and being able to record something in "American" is great fun -- assertive language :lol:
Not a problem at all. Sorry you are having so many problems. It might be worth asking on the help and support forum for advice about a microphone that works with Audacity so at least you don't have to re-learn how the software works.

viewforum.php?f=23
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
JBev

Post by JBev »

wib66 wrote: August 20th, 2022, 5:40 am
Not a problem at all. Sorry you are having so many problems. It might be worth asking on the help and support forum for advice about a microphone that works with Audacity so at least you don't have to re-learn how the software works.

viewforum.php?f=23
Hi again!
This mic was okay with Audacity, in fact that's why I bought it two years ago, for audio recording using their software. My other combo headset/mics are not at all the same quality for recording, only for real-time "interactive" sessions. Something else is going on, hardware-related. :cry: Will need to withdraw these two sections for now. Thanks for your patience!
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JBev wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:23 pm

viewforum.php?f=23
Hi again!
This mic was okay with Audacity, in fact that's why I bought it two years ago, for audio recording using their software. My other combo headset/mics are not at all the same quality for recording, only for real-time "interactive" sessions. Something else is going on, hardware-related. :cry: Will need to withdraw these two sections for now. Thanks for your patience!
Hi sorry to hear that. I will remove you from them but as always you are welcome back anytime. I do hope you get things sorted soon. I did once have a real problem with Audacity and ended up having to buy a new laptop to sort it. Thank you for letting me know.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

JBev wrote: September 7th, 2022, 6:23 pm

viewforum.php?f=23
Hi again!
Hi sorry to hear that. I will remove you from them but as always you are welcome back anytime. I do hope you get things sorted soon. I did once have a real problem with Audacity and ended up having to buy a new laptop to sort it. Thank you for letting me know.
Michele
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I claim 4 and 5? Jim :)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 19th, 2022, 12:47 pm May I claim 4 and 5? Jim :)
Hi Jim sorry for the delay I will sign you up to those.
Michele
yannaaragon

Post by yannaaragon »

Hi Michele! I'm back.

Section 9, please. :)
Angela "Yanna" Aragon

Reader profile: https://librivox.org/reader/17094
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

yannaaragon wrote: October 8th, 2022, 9:13 pm Hi Michele! I'm back.

Section 9, please. :)
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

yannaaragon

Post by yannaaragon »

Section 9 is up!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/americancatholicquarterly1_09_various_128kb.mp3

Duration is 30:46 (mm:ss)

To continue this, I'd like to record Section 10. :)
Angela "Yanna" Aragon

Reader profile: https://librivox.org/reader/17094
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

neecheelok70 wrote: October 12th, 2022, 11:02 am Here is Section 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/romanceamericannegro_05_fowler_128kb.mp3

23:24

Jim :)
Him - this appears to be in the wrong project. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart