[COMPLETE][Magazine][Short Stories]The Rover Vol. 01 No. 16 - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the very funny episode of section 5 :lol: I tried to give the husband a French accent and the old servant a German accent when they spoke English, I hope it's understandable.

If someone has time and inclination to PL my section, please post a claim here, so the work won't get done double. Thank you !!!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_05_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 7:57 min.

Sonia
serimaluna

Post by serimaluna »

Hi!

So I think I finally fixed it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_15_various_128kb.mp3

The volumes might be a bit wacky from time to time, I wasn't sure how loud to amplify it.

Let me know if this is good!

Gaby
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

serimaluna wrote: August 6th, 2021, 1:57 pmSo I think I finally fixed it:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/rover0116_15_various_128kb.mp3

The volumes might be a bit wacky from time to time, I wasn't sure how loud to amplify it.
hi again, thanks for the corrections, now the text is acceptable like this. Please always remember to include the file length in your post.

I did three corrections myself now, so you need not do it anymore, but it would be good to check it out for future recordings:

> Concerning volume, yes, the newly recorded parts were definitely not loud enough ;) What I do to correct this is listen back to the sentence before and after and then I amplify more and more until it sounds basically the same volume. I did this now for your parts, I had to amplify them with +10 to get to the same volume. :shock: But it's good now.

> I also put the "read by" to the correct spot, you now put it on 0:06 instead of 0:16 ;)

> And finally, you end silence was even shorter now, barely one second. I added the correct number of 5 seconds at the end myself. But maybe you have to check whether this problem persists with other recordings. Does your program maybe cut off the end silence by default ? :hmm: Before you upload the next file, best to go back, open it and check whether the 5 seconds are there.

So now it's PL ok :) Thank you

Only waiting for Kathleen to get back to me with her corrections of Section 1, I wrote her a PM, let's hope it reaches her. :?
Then I need a volunteer to PL my own section.
If all is well, we can catalogue before the weekend is over. 8-)

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Sonia
I have listened to your section 5 and it sounds ok to me so I think you can mark it PL OK! The various accents are all comprehensible :lol:

Can I add that, while I know you are very patient waiting for people to submit corrections, if you want someone to read section 1 I could probably do it tomorrow. It is very short.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: August 7th, 2021, 5:39 amI have listened to your section 5 and it sounds ok to me so I think you can mark it PL OK! The various accents are all comprehensible :lol:
thank you for taking the time to listen, Alan :9: and I'm glad you found it entertaining.
Can I add that, while I know you are very patient waiting for people to submit corrections, if you want someone to read section 1 I could probably do it tomorrow. It is very short.
thank you for the offer. I will definitely wait till tomorrow still to give her time to check the PM and get back to me. I'll let you know what I decide then in the course of the day.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: August 7th, 2021, 5:39 amCan I add that, while I know you are very patient waiting for people to submit corrections, if you want someone to read section 1 I could probably do it tomorrow. It is very short.
yes section 1 is yours since the reader still hasn't been around to pick up my PM and unfortunately there are a few errors which I cannot correct myself as they need re-recording.

Thank you, Alan

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: this was a fast turn-around, thank you so much Alan. Perfectly read and PL ok now.

And that means this is ready for the catalogue :9:

Let me thank all of the wonderful readers (8 in total !) who took part in this issue of the Rover: Alan, Faithann, Scott, missingnumber, Tad, Jim and Gaby (and myself ;)) :clap:

Will catalogue now and post the link once it's passed through.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and we are finished :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/rover-01-16-by-various/

moving to completed...

Sonia