Complete[FICTION] GROUP: Jean-Christophe In Paris by Romain Rolland-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

YuqingJune wrote: December 18th, 2021, 7:23 pm
jackaardvark wrote: October 10th, 2021, 6:47 am I'm an eager beaver so I went ahead and recorded section 9; the file is 33:24 long. Please credit me as Jack Ausick in the catalog. Here's the link: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_09_rolland_128kb.mp3

Unless I should pause and wait for PL-OK on section 9, I would like to go ahead and claim section 10.
Section 09 SEE PL NOTES
The volume level overall is slightly above the threshold (92.4dB as compared to 86~92).

Everything else seems great! Thanks for the good work :clap:
This is now PL OK after a simple tweak by the BC on behalf of the "retired" reader. Unusual circumstance :oops:
Cheers,
Yuqing :D
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

YuqingJune wrote: April 5th, 2022, 11:20 pm
scribbler77 wrote: April 4th, 2022, 11:26 pm
Please see if this is fine:-

Length:- 50min 22sec

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/jeanchristopheinparis_03_rolland_128kb.mp3
Thanks! I've marked this READY FOR SPOT PL.

Potential PLs, here's something you could take on without becoming a DPL! Many thanks in advance.
Now that I've effectively become the DPL myself after the turn of events :oops: :

SECTION 3 SEE PL NOTES
9:59~10:08 - significant background noise. Can you re-record the sentences involved, please?
10:56 - repeated "been"
10:58~11:09 - background noise
13:14~13:19 - background noise
around 13:27 - background noise
around 13:36 - background noise
14:29~14:55 - background noise
19:47 - extra "argued about"
45:53 - background noise
46:23~46:30 - background noise
22:17 - background noise
24:20 - background noise
39:36 - missing "They had had enough of competent critics:" (Yes, I was following the text as I listened, just in case these things happen)
41:25~41:27 - background noise
41:32~41:34 - background noise
41:42~41:44 - background noise
43:39~43:45 - background noise
47:44 having been moved by - missing "been" (Yes, I was following the text, but if kept this way the phrase wouldn't make sense)
49:00 - repeated "help"

The reader hasn't been active since posting this in April this year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have to reopen this section soon.
If you do see this, Aabha, please let us know if you're still keen to remedy this before starting to do so!
Also, if I were you, I'll see if I can re-record at a quieter place. Or at least, I'll repeat any sentence right after if I hear background noise when recording it the first time, and delete the unusable version when editing.
If that's not really possible in your case at this point, feel free to let us know as well. We'll be able to let someone else record the section sooner this way.
Thank you!
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Section 39 is now up for grabs! The reader claimed it on 28th June and last responded on 30th June.
Cheers,
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Section 3 is now open to anyone interested, too!
Cheers,
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi Yuqing,

If you want to do so, you can assign me all three of the open sections. But if you do that, I cannot promise that I can have all three of them uploaded before the first week of December. Of course, if we go this way, I would upload each in turn for PL as I completed it.

As an alternative, you can assign me any one of the three - I don't care which - and then, when I upload it, I can check to see if either of the other two is still open and claim it at that time.

Thanks,
Brian
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

BrianFullen wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 2:27 pm Hi Yuqing,

If you want to do so, you can assign me all three of the open sections. But if you do that, I cannot promise that I can have all three of them uploaded before the first week of December. Of course, if we go this way, I would upload each in turn for PL as I completed it.

As an alternative, you can assign me any one of the three - I don't care which - and then, when I upload it, I can check to see if either of the other two is still open and claim it at that time.

Thanks,
Brian
Section 11 then! It's the shortest of the three. You can then see if you're free for the rest after you're done with this one!
Cheers,
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

YuqingJune wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 12:18 am
BrianFullen wrote: September 2nd, 2022, 2:27 pm Hi Yuqing,

Thanks,
Brian
Section 11 then! It's the shortest of the three. You can then see if you're free for the rest after you're done with this one!
Excellent. Thanks
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

Hi! :)
I apologize in advance if I'm replying to the wrong post.
I'm a little confused how to find the latest reply.

But I would like to volunteer to read this section (if not already assigned):

"THE MARKET-PLACE, I, part 3".

[Update!] My bad. (As I didn't see any notification that my original 1-min test post was replied to) I just happened to check the original post and found that I do need to make a volume correction to it, so I've made the adjustment and resubmitted and re-uploaded it under:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test-Rel22.mp3

Thanks in advance for your consideration,
Rel
:thumbs:
Rel
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rel22 wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 11:58 pm Hi! :)

[Update!] My bad. (As I didn't see any notification that my original 1-min test post was replied to) I just happened to check the original post and found that I do need to make a volume correction to it, so I've made the adjustment and resubmitted and re-uploaded it under:

Rel
Hi Rel! Let us know when you've cleared the test by posting in this thread. I'll assign you our orphaned section 3 then!
Cheers,
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

YuqingJune wrote: September 4th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 11:58 pm Hi! :)

Rel
Hi Rel! Let us know when you've cleared the test by posting in this thread. I'll assign you our orphaned section 3 then!
Hi Yuqing :)
Tks so much and I've just now re-adjusted and re-uploaded my test for a thumbs up
(https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rel22.mp3; I'm finally figuring out about my volume set-up and how to make it right).

Meanwhile, as I await the 'ok', I've done some prep for this section and just wanted to know a couple of specifics:
1) Do I read the footnote reference that is within this section? In the 1st paragraph of this section, it says: '[Footnote: See Jean-Christophe—I: "Revolt."]'. So I'm just wondering if I actually read this aloud as well?

2) I've prepped myself for all the interesting words/names and their exact pronounciations, except one which I can't seem to find online how to pronounce precisely. Would you know or could tell me how I should read the musician's surname as written in here: 'Goujart'? Should the emphasis be on the 1st syllable or 2nd syllable? :hmm: (I'm thinking the emphasis should be on the 2nd like in 'Goulard', but I'm not certain and would love any feedback on this point or point me to a mp3 I should listen to from the same piece--I read somewhere I should not click on these links within the messages and inadvertently overload the system).

Thank you in advance. I'm looking forward to reading this and recording it within acceptable standards when I get the green light! :)
Rel
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm Hi Yuqing :)
Tks so much and I've just now re-adjusted and re-uploaded my test for a thumbs up
(https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_rel22.mp3; I'm finally figuring out about my volume set-up and how to make it right).
That's great! It's good to see that you're not one to give up easily and disappear halfway through the first step :thumbs:
Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm Meanwhile, as I await the 'ok', I've done some prep for this section and just wanted to know a couple of specifics:
1) Do I read the footnote reference that is within this section? In the 1st paragraph of this section, it says: '[Footnote: See Jean-Christophe—I: "Revolt."]'. So I'm just wondering if I actually read this aloud as well?
I'd personally put it in and say "end of footnote" after "Revolt". So did at least one reader for a section that I PL-ed.
Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm 2) I've prepped myself for all the interesting words/names and their exact pronounciations, except one which I can't seem to find online how to pronounce precisely. Would you know or could tell me how I should read the musician's surname as written in here: 'Goujart'? Should the emphasis be on the 1st syllable or 2nd syllable? :hmm: (I'm thinking the emphasis should be on the 2nd like in 'Goulard', but I'm not certain and would love any feedback on this point or point me to a mp3 I should listen to from the same piece--I read somewhere I should not click on these links within the messages and inadvertently overload the system).
You're most likely right! I'm no expert on this, but the sections I listened to as a temporary PL all had the emphasis on the second syllable. You can do more research if you like, but really, there's no need to fret :lol:
Cheers,
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

YuqingJune wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:54 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm Hi Yuqing :)
That's great! It's good to see that you're not one to give up easily and disappear halfway through the first step :thumbs:
Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm Meanwhile, as I await the 'ok', I've done some prep for this section and just wanted to know a couple of specifics:
I'd personally put it in and say "end of footnote" after "Revolt". So did at least one reader for a section that I PL-ed.
Rel22 wrote: September 5th, 2022, 10:08 pm 2) I've prepped myself for all the interesting words/names and their exact pronounciations, except one which I can't seem to find online how to pronounce precisely. Would you know or could tell me how I should read the musician's surname as written in here: 'Goujart'? Should the emphasis be on the 1st syllable or 2nd syllable? :hmm: (I'm thinking the emphasis should be on the 2nd like in 'Goulard', but I'm not certain and would love any feedback on this point or point me to a mp3 I should listen to from the same piece--I read somewhere I should not click on these links within the messages and inadvertently overload the system).
You're most likely right! I'm no expert on this, but the sections I listened to as a temporary PL all had the emphasis on the second syllable. You can do more research if you like, but really, there's no need to fret :lol:
OK Yuqing :)
One more question before I start (and simultaneously await an official ok on my test recording):

I'm just trying to figure out the intro on the right things to insert below.

Since I'm looking to do "THE MARKET-PLACE, I, part 3", is that..? :

'Section # [ I ] of Jean-Christophe In Paris. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Read by Rel. "Jean-Christophe In Paris", by Romain Rolland, translated by Gilbert Cannan. Book Title [is this redundant? So do I skip saying the 'Book Title'?], Chapter # ["The Market-Place" rather than #?], Part #[3].'

Thanks again!
Rel
YuqingJune

Post by YuqingJune »

Rel22 wrote: September 6th, 2022, 1:15 am
One more question before I start (and simultaneously await an official ok on my test recording):

'Section # [ I ] of Jean-Christophe In Paris. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org. Read by Rel. "Jean-Christophe In Paris", by Romain Rolland, translated by Gilbert Cannan. Book Title [is this redundant? So do I skip saying the 'Book Title'?], Chapter # ["The Market-Place" rather than #?], Part #[3].'

Thanks again!
For your section, it's Section 3...(whatever you put in between is correct!)...Cannan. THE MARKET-PLACE, Chapter 1, part 3.

This is because if you look through the text, you'll realise it consists of several "books". THE MARKET-PLACE is one of them.
It's a bit confusing, sorry! :oops:
Cheers,
Rel22

Post by Rel22 »

YuqingJune wrote: September 6th, 2022, 5:52 pm
Rel22 wrote: September 6th, 2022, 1:15 am

Thanks again!
For your section, it's Section 3...(whatever you put in between is correct!)...Cannan. THE MARKET-PLACE, Chapter 1, part 3.

This is because if you look through the text, you'll realise it consists of several "books". THE MARKET-PLACE is one of them.
It's a bit confusing, sorry! :oops:
OK! :D I see !
[Update!] I've got the green light on my 1-min test! :clap:
I'm working on this and get back to you soon...Tks Yuqing :)
Rel
czandra

Post by czandra »

I'll do 39.

Czandra
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!