Making your reading sound Great

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Bvince

Post by Bvince »

Great advice chipdoc. I'm asking this question out to the general forum to anyone who has an answer please. When you first turn on a studio audio recording system for voice over at least in my experience, you push down the record button, the first thing you hear is a hiss. How do I get rid of that?
himichellemarie

Post by himichellemarie »

@Chipdoc – what a fantastic letter to read! As a new member here, I'm so thankful for your insights. See you out there. 8-)
lightcrystal

Post by lightcrystal »

Bvince wrote: December 24th, 2022, 10:31 am Great advice chipdoc. I'm asking this question out to the general forum to anyone who has an answer please. When you first turn on a studio audio recording system for voice over at least in my experience, you push down the record button, the first thing you hear is a hiss. How do I get rid of that?
I have my DAW set with a delay of a few seconds till it records. That avoids any start up hiss, the click of pressing record etc. In Reaper that is easy to set up.The only thing with that method is that you have to wait a few seconds till starting speaking.
Fan of all 80s pop music except Meatloaf.
Jazbees

Post by Jazbees »

I don't worry about whatever ends up at the start of the recording. It always gets removed in the editing phase.
Justin S Barrett
http://www.justinsbarrett.com/

Solo: The 116th Battalion in France | The Life of John Taylor
EDoak

Post by EDoak »

I'm new to voice over, but I've already learned that hiss is a common problem when you first turn on the recording system.
This is where my inspiration comes from http://www.emedia.am/az/