COMPLETE[DR] A Study in Scarlet by Doyle - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Holmes 1_02 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Jasna

Second to the right and then straight on till morning.
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

I’d be very happy to reprise the role of Lestrade, but I see Moonbridge has also expressed an interested in the part.

Moonbridge, you got in first so as far as I’m concerned it’s yours if you want it, but if you’d be willing to take an alternate role please let me know.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

May I record Stamford? (I haven't an English accent, though. And I wouldn't dare try one.)
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

KevinS wrote: April 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm May I record Stamford? (I haven't an English accent, though. And I wouldn't dare try one.)
I'm glad you're interested in taking on a role, Kevin! There are many characters in this novel who are American, including several who (like Stamford) appear in just one chapter, such as Elder Stangerson, Mormons 1-3, and Cowper. Would you prefer one of the American characters? If not, I'm content to give you the role of Stamford. I just figured I'd give you the option, considering your comment about accent.
Salvationist

Current focus: Acadia, The Watsons, and Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

rafeball wrote: April 24th, 2021, 4:11 pm I’d be very happy to reprise the role of Lestrade, but I see Moonbridge has also expressed an interested in the part.

Moonbridge, you got in first so as far as I’m concerned it’s yours if you want it, but if you’d be willing to take an alternate role please let me know.
Thanks for signing up, Rafe! I've added you to the MW. I will be glad to sign Mockbridge up for another role once he submits a one-minute test.
Salvationist

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Salvationist wrote: April 24th, 2021, 7:13 pm
KevinS wrote: April 24th, 2021, 4:37 pm May I record Stamford? (I haven't an English accent, though. And I wouldn't dare try one.)
I'm glad you're interested in taking on a role, Kevin! There are many characters in this novel who are American, including several who (like Stamford) appear in just one chapter, such as Elder Stangerson, Mormons 1-3, and Cowper. Would you prefer one of the American characters? If not, I'm content to give you the role of Stamford. I just figured I'd give you the option, considering your comment about accent.
Stamford, if I may.
Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

KevinS wrote: April 24th, 2021, 7:23 pm Stamford, if I may.
You got it! You're signed up.
Salvationist

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Salvationist wrote: April 24th, 2021, 7:50 pm
KevinS wrote: April 24th, 2021, 7:23 pm Stamford, if I may.
You got it! You're signed up.
Thank you.
rafeball

Post by rafeball »

Salvationist wrote: April 24th, 2021, 7:22 pm
rafeball wrote: April 24th, 2021, 4:11 pm I’d be very happy to reprise the role of Lestrade, but I see Moonbridge has also expressed an interested in the part.

Thanks for signing up, Rafe! I've added you to the MW. I will be glad to sign Mockbridge up for another role once he submits a one-minute test.
Thank you - and apologies for getting your name wrong Mockbridge, I must have been sleepier than I realised when I posted last night!
Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hello, Peter.

PL Notes on Holmes_1_03

Space between two lines missing at ~ 03:38, between "No data yet" and "It is a capital mistake to theorize."

~07:28 Repetition: "It's a very bad definition, but but it does apply..."

(I have a doubt concerning a missing line at the top of page 9: "My colleague, Mr. Lestrade, is here. I had relied upon him to look after this." I think it was omited because although it is marked as Holmes's, according to the context it should be Gregson's?)

Have a great Sunday everybody! :clap:
Jasna

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

Hi, Peter.

Just one PL note on Holmes_1_04

At ~ 3:15 there 's a word that sounds a bit unclear to me:

"Ah, that was a more daring shot...". What do you think?

(It may just be my non native ears. I'd really really appreciate your feedback.) :D
Jasna

Salvationist

Post by Salvationist »

Dulcamara wrote: April 25th, 2021, 2:20 am Hello, Peter.

PL Notes on Holmes_1_03

Space between two lines missing at ~ 03:38, between "No data yet" and "It is a capital mistake to theorize."

~07:28 Repetition: "It's a very bad definition, but but it does apply..."

(I have a doubt concerning a missing line at the top of page 9: "My colleague, Mr. Lestrade, is here. I had relied upon him to look after this." I think it was omited because although it is marked as Holmes's, according to the context it should be Gregson's?)

Have a great Sunday everybody! :clap:
Thank you for noticing that error on Page 9 of the colour-coded text, Jasna! I have corrected the text accordingly.
Salvationist

Dulcamara

Post by Dulcamara »

:thumbs:
Jasna

Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Jasna;
Edited chapters 3 and 4 of Holmes's voice have been uploaded.

Holmes_1_03

Space between two lines missing at ~ 03:38, between "No data yet" and "It is a capital mistake to theorize." [silence added]

~07:28 Repetition: "It's a very bad definition, but but it does apply..." ["but" deleted; it's now at 7.33]

Just one PL note on Holmes_1_04

At ~ 3:15 there 's a word that sounds a bit unclear to me:

"Ah, that was a more daring shot...". What do you think? [It seemed okay to me, but I've rerecorded the phrase.]

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

And, David, if you're playing with the highlights, there were a couple missing in Chapter One. They probably don't need touching, though, as you're the only one that needs to be aware of them.

DR. WATSON: “How on earth did you know that?” I asked in astonishment.

SHERLOCK HOLMES: “Never mind,” [needs Holmes highlight]

SHERLOCK HOLMES: “Oh, that’s all right,” [Holmes highlight]

DR. WATSON: he cried, with a merry laugh.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger