COMPLETE The Small House at Allington - mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

I hope you have continued to recover well. You certainly don't let any grass grow under your feet!

Chapter 49 is PL OK.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 50

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_50_trollope_128kb.mp3 22:07.7

All is well with us
All the best

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

It is good to hear that you are doing well. It has been a beautiful fall here. The sunset on the golden leaves this evening is gorgeous. But I had to scrape ice off my car this morning, so the end of these beautiful days is just around the corner.

Chapter 50 is PL OK.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 51

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_51_trollope_128kb.mp3 39:10.8

I have a couple of Chapters printed for recording, but after that I may struggle, because my printer is offline and I cannot work out how to get it Online. We have a new WiFi arrangement, with a different password, so it might be that - but the printer is connected to my computer, and there doesn't seem to be anything to put the password in on the printer. Hey Ho! Technology!

Our trees are beginning to change colour, but the weather is wet and stormy rather than frosty, so the colours are very late in coming. We have had to scrape frost off the car a couple of times, but not regularly yet!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 51 is PL OK.

I hope you've figured out the printer issues. More and more people seem to be having trouble with their printers connected to their Windows systems. I've given up on mine. I forward anything I want to print to my phone or my iPad and print it from there. It's easier than trying to get the printer and the computer to talk to one another.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is chapter 52.

Fortunately I havwe managed to resolve the printer - by making it WIFI only.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_52_trollope_128kb.mp3 28:22.8

Last weekend we went to a Forest Experience cabin with all our immediate family. It was lovely.

Hope all is well with you
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 52 could be marked PL OK. But I suspect you'll want to insert the "yes" that's missing at 5:21.

A Forest Cabin experience. That sounds so restful. My family rented a lodge once, and had an absolutely wonderful time. But as there were 25 of us, with many children, it was quite the opposite of restful. The shouting and laughing during the evening games probably scared the squirrels to the other side of the lake.
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Thanks for picking the omission up - you were quite right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_52_trollope_128kb.mp3

I hope this has resolved it.

Helen is out visiting our Goddaughter with her new baby, at their new house. The baby is only 2 weeks old - her second; she is 43 and she had problems with blood pressure and danger of septicemia. However, she is a consultant gynaecologist herself, so she new what needed doing. Very sensibly she had the baby at a different hospital. We are so grateful that the birth, although protracted, was successful!

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 52 is now marked PL OK.

Congratulations on the new god-grand-baby, or grand-god-baby, or ?? I don't think we have a word for that. I'll never forget the surprise of one of my Chinese ELA students who couldn't believe we didn't have a word for his wife's brother's father-in-law (or something along those lines). Some languages have so many more words for family members!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Hi

Here is Chapter 53.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_53_trollope_128kb.mp3 27:23

Christmas Preparations are beginning - I have to write a letter in French and a letter in German - sadly my fluency in both languages is defective! Heigh-Ho!

I hope you enjoy the chapter as it begins to move us towards the end of the book.

I hope you and Maryann will be happy to continue with the next and final Barchester Chronicle?

Regards

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Absolutely I want to continue with the next book. Listening to these chapters is one of the highlights of my week!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Thank you
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 52 is PL OK. I so love Trollope's characters.

I also have an email to get off in French, and I thank you for reminding me as I'd nearly forgotten!
Arlene
NKWhitley

Post by NKWhitley »

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas

Here is Chapter 54

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/smallhouse_54_trollope_128kb.mp3 33:54.1

With every blessing for 2024

Nick
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Well, that was a sad chapter. Marked PL OK.

Hope you and Helen have a wonderful Christmas, and a great start to the new year. All my siblings will be here for Christmas and we plan to have a wonderful time!
Arlene