1 Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
racheld427

Post by racheld427 » February 28th, 2021, 11:52 pm

I used Audacity and worked on getting to know it for a few hours using Phil's very helpful tutorials (thank you!). I have a Macbook Pro. I don't exactly know what mic type but I am currently using the built in mic on my laptop. I think that once I get to know the Librivox community, software, etc. I will commit to actually purchasing a mic.

I might have had some problems with noise reduction but it might just be me not knowing what is good or not yet. I used the noise reduction effect multiple times but never noticed a difference when I went to analyze the plot spectrum. However, when I ran the file through the Checker, it was in the preferred volume range.

Here's the file, thank you all!

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_racheld427.mp3

wib66

Post by wib66 » March 2nd, 2021, 5:51 am

Hi and welcome to Librivox. Thank you for your recording. The reading is great and all the technical aspects are correct. You are now good to go and find something you would like to read. Do ask if you have any questions. Have fun.