COMPLETE - MARCH to the FINISH LINE - 2021 Cleanup Month

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:29 pm And Medieval Hymns is full again. Thanks! :D
Got it.

Thanks, Todd
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Erasmus is fully subscribed now, thanks, Todd!
Leni
=================
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Updated.

Todd
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

If we're promoting older projects, Oracles of Nostradamus qualifies. It's almost 2 years old, 8 open sections. Not an easy read! viewtopic.php?f=28&t=74787
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. Added to list.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And wow. Golden Milestone also full now. I guess that's all my stuff sorted! :mrgreen:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you; updated.

NOTE: I am not listing anything as "Filled" or "Completed" as a result of this push until March 1st. Anything before that I'm considering as part of a warmup before the real March starts.

Thanks, Todd
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

ToddHW wrote: February 26th, 2021, 3:13 pm
SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 26th, 2021, 2:09 pm Todd, if you are going to lead us in this march, I really think you should get a whistle and marching-xylophone like this guy.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOxheDoks_Y

Cheers,
Chris
Picture me that way if you really wish
Herding ye'all off to the food dish.
(Why don't they just go catch their own fish?)
Glad there's no traffic or they'd been squish!

Thanks, Todd
That video made my day! Thank you for sharing!

Greg
Jharmon8

Post by Jharmon8 »

Good Morning everyone. I am still learning the ropes here and loving it. I read your post this morning about March clean up and am excited to help, however I can.

I have 3 chapters that I will be working on narrating today for Tom Swift and His Motorcycle and then 2 chapters for Raggedy Ann's Wishing Stone. I am DPL'ing Mark's book, The Orphan, and am current with his narration. I just signed up (but not approved yet) for 3 chapters to read in Woman Suffrage and Politics, if I need to do more I can.

If I need to help with more PL'ing, just let me know which ones need it and I will help out. As of right now I am kinda struggling to see which ones need it and which ones do not.

On a more personal side note, I am struggling with the 1st year anniversary of my mother's death, so sleep has evaded me, and the distraction is blissfully welcomed. So, you do not have to worry about me being overwhelmed at this point with too much to do, and I will let you know when it is too much, or I will follow your guidance. I am not working at the moment, as it appears narration will soon be my new career, maybe, if I am good enough that is. :wink:

Anyway, thanks for letting me aboard.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Good morning Jharmon! I've sent you a PM with some suggestions for places to plug in during the clean up.

One thing everyone can do is update their signature on the forums to promote the clean up month! Let's get the word out among our fellow LVers so no one feels left out of the fun!

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Todd -- Looking for projects that are 80% complete with open sections ... I found these and have added them to the first post:

Hope Farm Notes, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=83327 (1 section open) 81% complete.
Women and the Republic, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76751 (3 sections open) 80% complete.

MaryAnn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Todd,

Looking through projects that have been going for over a year, here are a couple for you to consider if a push might get them completed in March:

The Deluge vol 2 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65119 (started April 2017, 9 sections open, 79% complete)
The Three Commanders viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72370 (started Nov 2018, 14 sections open, 54% complete)
Works of the Right Honorable Edmund Burke Vol 1 viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78593 (started March 2020, 20 sections open, 32% complete)
Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74930 (started May 2019, 4 sections open, 71% complete)
Lay Down Your Arms viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77502 (started Dec 2019, 37 sections open, 33% complete - this would be a long shot for March!)

MaryAnn
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sure. Added. That's 20 books now though so probably at the limit until some get done.

Thanks, Todd
cadastra

Post by cadastra »

Anyone want the last section in A Gallery of Children by A. A. Milne? The other 12 sections are PL OK so your help would be greatly appreciated!