(COMPLETE) [DR] The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I sent this over to Archive about 10 hours ago, and it's still deriving. It's going about as slowly as continental drift. :roll:

I'm signing off for the night, so this will be finished in the morning (in about 11 hours).
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Thanks, Tricia :heart:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
TheBanjo

Post by TheBanjo »

My goodness! What an awesome effort by so many people, over such a long period of time. Talk about dedication and perseverance from those who have been right in the guts of this. I'm well aware I got to waltz in at the last minute and read a few bits after so much of the hard work had already been done out of my sight. Terrific effort, gang! [I see the SPAM brigade are already at work on the archive.org "face" of this — the criminal-ish mind shows great perseverance too! I've flagged the so-called 'review' already.]
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-mystery-of-a-hansom-cab-version-2-by-fergus-hume/

Yes, the spammers have been active lately. Archive is pretty good at taking it down within a day or two. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

:9: Woohoo!!

A huge thank you to Peter for contributing his fantastic Australian reading for the narrator, and then being such a good sport for all the "found" bits I needed while editing. (As well as the handful of others I needed to pester for those!)

I wish I hadn't been so swamped all at once when this was ready to put together, but I hope everyone is happy with our end result! I am. :) You guys did a great job, and it's a good book (as I said to Jim: aside from the paternalism of the executors deciding for a grown-*** woman what she should be told about her sister :roll:). Annie may not have been with us long, but she initiated a worthy project and I was happy to foster it to completion.
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)