COMPLETE[PLAY]The Princess and the Butterfly by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Acts 3-5 were such a treat as well :9: wonderful to hear it all in one go. Everybody played exceptionally well. :clap: Another interesting Pinero wrapped up. And I love it that it's a happy ending. I'm not so much a fan of his gloomier plays.

Acts 3 and 4 are straight PL ok.

For Act 5, concerning your note:
ToddHW wrote: June 29th, 2021, 2:21 pmThere is a missing line - "Butterfly - ?" - by the Princess at 35:55; I PM'd to get it a week ago but without response. I think we can live without it. (I cut the associated stage direction as well.)
yes but there was no need to, because luckily at exactly 24:00, the Princess once whispers "Butterfly" and you can very easily copy it and paste it at 35:55, re-including the stage directions "to Sir George, softly" 8-) They are so far apart that nobody will notice it's the exact same tone of voice and it doesn't sound strange cut off from the rest of the sentence.

> at 37:32: "the end" – usually we include "End of Act 5" at this point. It's missing now, was that done on purpose ? :hmm:

Other than that, all is brilliantly assembled. Great job again, Todd !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Fixed Act 5 as you suggested. Wonderful that you not only spot my failings, but tell me exactly where to go to find material I can use to fix. You are so good at this!

(I did have to steal the "End of Act 5" from Act 4 as it was not in the Act 5 stage directions and I did not miss its absence.)

Ready for Spot PL. On to Galeoto!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: June 30th, 2021, 4:51 amFixed Act 5 as you suggested. Wonderful that you not only spot my failings, but tell me exactly where to go to find material I can use to fix. You are so good at this!
well I saw your note so I was on the lookout for another "butterfly-quote" from the princess and jumped on the occasion and noted down the time stamp once I found a useable one. :mrgreen:

It's all in a day's work....you know how it goes
(I did have to steal the "End of Act 5" from Act 4 as it was not in the Act 5 stage directions and I did not miss its absence.)
oops, meaning I missed this the first time around as well :oops:

But: we're done now, perfectly corrected and PL ok.

On to the catalogue...and I guess there will be a new Pinero in the near future ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now...

Yes, there will be more Pinero. And more. And more. And more....

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is complete. Audio files can be found on our catalog page at https://librivox.org/the-princess-and-the-butterfly-by-arthur-wing-pinero/

Thank you all for your wonderful voices, and of course to Sonia in addition for her wonderful ears.

More to come....

Todd
awonski

Post by awonski »

oh my goodness, I just saw the pm I'm so sorry (I've been attending full time conservatory and just checked), I don't know if this would be at all helpful at this point, but here's the line (so, so excited to listen through this :) )
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/princessandthebutterfly_butterflyline.mp3
Ally
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

The PM was only just a week ago, so don't worry about it.

As you will see above, Kitty found another place where you said the right word in the right way and I patched the line in. (We would have just waited patiently except the fix was the only thing remaining for cataloging the play.)

So all is well. You can just enjoy listening. 4 hours and 17 minutes of listening!

Thanks, Todd