[SOLO] David Copperfield, Version # by Charles Dickens - icequeen

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Two more chapters--both rather short--are read. Now I'll go back to doing them three at a time.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

29 and 30 are PL OK!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Three chapters ready for PL.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Hey apologies for the delay. I pled the 3 chapters and will run them through the checker tomorrow hopefully. A co worker had to unexpectedly take time off so I have been working extended hours to help out and have not even turned my computer on in over a week!
Guster

Post by Guster »

32 has a repeat at 4:15 "I told him I had not gone today..." and other than that it is good

31 and 33 are both PL OK!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Two months after my last entry. I'm going too slow, and I'll try to pick it up.

Mistake in 32 corrected. I apparently didn't give myself my usual signal. In the past, that was a hand clap, but since I switched to a new headset/microphone I found the clap wasn't as loud as it was with the old one. I now do a quick high-pitched "beep" sound with my voice. I only mention this in case I leave one of the beeps in there by error, in case you wondered about it lol

Anyway, besides the correction, three more chapters are read. I'll try to move a little faster now. I know there is no real-time limit for the project, even though when I do the new projects form before I start reading any book it asks for one. But it's been well over a year now and I've never taken this long on one book before and I'm eager to keep it up.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

32, 34, 35, 36 are PL OK

I always snapped my fingers when I used to record to mark mistakes. it is interesting all the different ways people find to do that!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Just to let you know, I haven't forgotten the project. I ended up getting busy with work again, and now that I finally have a break I have a bad cold, complete with a cough. I did have two and a half chapters read before this happened, so it's just a matter of reading the last half-chapter before uploading my usual three at a time.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I hope you get better soon, Brad! Thank you for checking!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Three more chapters completed at last. I apologize once again for how long this project has been taking. Between increased work hours and the cold I had, I have had so many delays. Well, I intend to finish up the rest of the book must quicker. At least that's always been my intention, before more delays kicked in.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

37 and 38 are PL OK, 39 has a missed edit at 13:10 'and it came so naturally'
Good to have more chapters to listen too! fast or slow it I have faith you will complete this! :thumbs:
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Missed edit in 39 corrected.

Chapters 40 through 42 have been read.

While recording these chapters I have become concerned about some slight audio irregularities with my current setup. During editing, I have discovered places in which my voice seems distorted, sometimes dropping away completely for an instant before returning to normal. The worst of these I re-recorded, but I wouldn't be surprised if I missed some of them. I'm hoping I don't have to redo entire chapters. Let me know if it's that bad. Meanwhile, I have a friend who is much more of an expert on these things than I am and perhaps he can figure out the issue.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Section 39 and 41 are PL OK!
Section 40 has a missed edit at 13:50 "as we had fixed..."
Section 42 also has one missed edit at 47:49 "and consequently was..."
Honestly I did notice the recording was not as clear as usual and there were slight fluctuations in volume the odd time, but I did not feel like it affected the recording, there was a few times I was not even sure it was not deliberate for the character. I don't imagine I would have noticed if I was not pling, and used to the high quality of your recordings!
having said that I hope your friend was able to help. :D
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

After another long delay, I'm finally back at work on this. I miss the days when I submitted sections every few days.

Brad
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I've made the corrections in 40 and 42, and the next three chapters will be ready soon.

I've obviously got to stop promising when I'm getting things done, as my "real life" schedule has been constantly changing. This project has taken way too long, and I'm annoyed at myself for putting it aside so often. But I am determined to get it done and continue on to another book.

Brad