[SOLO] David Copperfield, Version # by Charles Dickens - icequeen

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Okay, as promised, the next three chapters are ready for PL.

Just as a note, at 30:15 of Chapter 45, the same phrase gets repeated twice. It is David mulling over the words in his mind. It occurred to me that during PL it might sound like I accidentally read the same passage twice.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Sections 40, 42, 43, and 45 are al PL OK!

Section 44 has a missed edit at 22:12 "and the night when I first listened to her voice..."

Dickens books do tend to have repeated phrases I have noticed. There is the odd time I have checked the book to make sure about a couple and so far it has always been part of the text!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Since I'm still moving rather slowly, I thought I'd better submit one chapter at a time instead of three as I have previously done.
Chapter 46 is uploaded, and I made the correction to 44.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Sections 44 amd 46 are PL OK!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Two more chapters read and uploaded.

It looks like when you said PL Okay for chapter 46 you adjusted line 47 to PL Okay instead of 46.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Wow I just cannot keep things straight these days!
Guster

Post by Guster »

So trying to keep things straight here! 46 and 47 are PL OK.

I am thinking maybe you uploaded an unedited version of 48 as there were several missed edits in the first 10 minutes so I did not finish pling before mentioning that
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

That's very strange. I know it was edited. When editing, I usually stop, if I need a break at the fifteen-minute points--at 15:00, 30:00, and so on.
When I checked it now, I noticed that it was only the first fifteen minutes that was unedited. I must have neglected to save it after the last editing session. In face, when I did the editing again just now, the total time was only one second off from the time in the MW.

Okay, well, it's edited again.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Apologies for how long this took, I have been sick for the past month with a really nasty flu and then when I finally started to get better I caught a bad cold, and had to work full time through everything. (Probly that's why I could not get better :roll: ) Just now starting to get back to normal and be up for other stuff after work.
But anyways, 48 is PL OK! Glad you figured out the editing, and it was not a compilated solution!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

And my apologies for how long this is taking ME!

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No worries, this is a long book and real life sometimes needs to be taken care of first!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

I've got a little bit of time off this week, and wouldn't you know it, I'm still coughing from a recent cold. Still, later in the week, I'm going to attempt to get a chapter or two done, even if I have to edit out a lot of coughs lol.
I am still determined to finish this book as well as move on to the other Dickens books I haven't done yet.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

Oh I am sorry you have been sick! Hope that cough clears up soon. I will be here whenever you get the next recording(s) done :D
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

Meanwhile, someone odd was brought to my attention concerning a previous project that we finished. Someone was listening to Sketches By Boz and apparently, section 33 was my unedited version with all my false starts. I have no clue how that happened since you must have PLed it at the time.
Anyway, it was brought to my attention by TriciaG who instructed me to edit the file and send it to her. I have just done so and she said she'd take care of it.
Strange how that should have happened.

Brad
Guster

Post by Guster »

huh, that is odd. It seems unlikely that I would miss pling a chapter, but it could happen, the chances of it being an unedited one seem pretty slim :hmm: