Complete-[Group] Comedies of Courtship by Anthony Hope-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenno

Post by jenno »

wib66

Post by wib66 »

Thank you for your sections Jennifer
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapter 26 is PL OK thanks
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Chapters 2 and 3 are PL OK thanks
Michele
KimL

Post by KimL »

Hello,

Could I claim Chapter 6?

Thank you!!
Kim Lamb
wib66

Post by wib66 »

KimL wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 8:16 am Hello,

Could I claim Chapter 6?

Thank you!!
Kim Lamb
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
KimL

Post by KimL »

Thank you I will sign you up
[/quote]

I'm not sure how to pronounce tjte-tjte. Can you help?

The next morning, unhappily, confirmed him in his mistake. For Miss Bussey, overcome by the various trials of the day before, kept her bed, and when Laing came down, the first sight which met his eyes was a breakfast-table, whereat Mary and John sat tjte-`-tjte. He eyed them with that mixture of scorn and envy which their supposed situation awakens in a bachelor’s heart, and took a place from which he could survey them at leisure. There is a bright side to everything; and that of Laing’s mistake was the pleasure he derived from his delusion. Sticking his glass firmly in his eye, he watched like a cat for those playful little endearments which his cynical mood—he was, like many of us, not at his best in the morning—led him to anticipate. He watched in vain. The young people were decorum itself; more than that, they showed signs of preoccupation; they spoke only occasionally, and then with a business-like brevity.
adamft

Post by adamft »

KimL wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:13 pm Thank you I will sign you up

The next morning, unhappily, confirmed him in his mistake. For Miss Bussey, overcome by the various trials of the day before, kept her bed, and when Laing came down, the first sight which met his eyes was a breakfast-table, whereat Mary and John sat tjte-`-tjte. He eyed them with that mixture of scorn and envy which their supposed situation awakens in a bachelor’s heart, and took a place from which he could survey them at leisure. There is a bright side to everything; and that of Laing’s mistake was the pleasure he derived from his delusion. Sticking his glass firmly in his eye, he watched like a cat for those playful little endearments which his cynical mood—he was, like many of us, not at his best in the morning—led him to anticipate. He watched in vain. The young people were decorum itself; more than that, they showed signs of preoccupation; they spoke only occasionally, and then with a business-like brevity.
[/quote]

Had a read of this and I "think" it's "Tete-a-Tete", can't say for certain but it kind of made sense?

Adam
adamft

Post by adamft »

Could I take on Chapter 7 please.

Thanks.
Adam
LaVoce

Post by LaVoce »

Hello again

Did not see that someone requested chapter 7.

May I claim chapter 8?
wib66

Post by wib66 »

adamft wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:24 pm

Had a read of this and I "think" it's "Tete-a-Tete", can't say for certain but it kind of made sense?

Adam
[/quote]
I would also agree that in this context it would be Tete-a-Tete. I do think it is an error when converting.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

adamft wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:25 pm Could I take on Chapter 7 please.

Thanks.
Adam
Thanks I will sign you up
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

LaVoce wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:28 pm Hello again

May I claim chapter 8?
Thank you I will sign you up. How would you like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name or any other pseudonym you would like.
Michele
KimL

Post by KimL »

wib66 wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:51 pm
adamft wrote: March 2nd, 2021, 12:24 pm

Adam
I would also agree that in this context it would be Tete-a-Tete. I do think it is an error when converting.
[/quote]

Got it! Thank you. I had to get the pronunciation for this one too. Ha Ha!

Kim
LaVoce

Post by LaVoce »

Hello, please have my forum name, LaVoce, appear in the catalog.

Thank you!

May I claim chapter 8?
[/quote]
Thank you I will sign you up. How would you like your name to appear in the catalogue. It can be your real name, your forum name or any other pseudonym you would like.
[/quote]