[Complete] The Fables of Pilpay, by Anonymous (c200 BC - 300 AD) - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Amendis

Post by Amendis »

soupy wrote: February 21st, 2021, 2:06 pm Thanks April :thumbs: I'm sure you did well.
I'd like to be credited by full name (April Mendis) please.
I can't seem to get you in the MW as April Mendis only as Amendis - Maybe Lynett knows how to get it changed. Or it will be changed at the end.

I'm waiting for a PL or DPL :D

Craig
Thanks again, Craig - no need to ask Lynett - amendis is fine!

I agree with Becky - we know we can’t do our own (and you probably don’t want two first timers to split the PL duties on this whole project) but I’d like to help where I can. If you don’t have a volunteer soon, maybe Becky and I can split the proofing with a bit of initial guidance from a veteran PL. I’ve been having a ton of fun doing ths!
soupy

Post by soupy »

You can claim PL for a reading and I'll guide you along the way if you have any questions.

I basically listen to the recording while reading and text and then note where any mistakes occur that would change the meaning of the sentence.

4:11 the story is the same everywhere - you read the house is the same nowhere

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

I'll review the PL training this week (and get my last section recorded) so I'm ready to start March 1st. I'd love to share PL duties with April! With 50+ sections there are plenty of fables to share. :D Thanks for mentoring us.
BeckyWTX
soupy

Post by soupy »

Well alright Becky and April. Do you want to be co-DPL or co-PL?

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

If co-DPL means this is our project I'm good with that! Thx
BeckyWTX
BeckyWTX

Post by BeckyWTX »

Idea: maybe I PL the odd # sections & April does the even numbers? (We can make exception for each other's recordings. Mine: 5, 18, 46.)
BeckyWTX
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Becky :D

What do you think April?

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Amendis

Post by Amendis »

Becky and Craig - I'm in! Sounds like a plan, Becky - I'll do the evens other than my own. I'll review the PL instructions now as well.
soupy

Post by soupy »

Can you give these ladies access to the Magic Window Lynnet?

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

soupy wrote: February 22nd, 2021, 9:49 am Can you give these ladies access to the Magic Window Lynnet?

Craig
We can only allow 1 DPL (it's the way things are set up) so I have added April as a DPL. As a work-around, I have made Becky co-BC, which gives her the same access, just by a different route. It does mean she won't get credit, I'm afraid :(

In answer to the earlier question, I can't change forum names. It's pretty much set in stone, although there are a couple of Super Admins who can in exceptional circumstances. However, I can change catalog names -- how you appear in the catalog when we go to publication. That's easy for any admin to do.

Will give instructions for accessing the MW in another post.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Here are the instructions for logging in to the MW. It is the same for a DPL as for a BC. Please note, this only gives you access to the MW for projects where you are DPL or BC.

Accessing the System – First Time Login
1. Use this Link to go the main login screen: http://librivox.org/workflow
2. Click on Login (for BCs & MCs)
3. Enter your forum username.
4. Click “Forgot Password” 
5. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a password and submit the form. (Note this should be more secure than your 'regular' password)
6. Go back to the main login screen and use the new password you entered above to log in to the system. 
7. When you log in from the main screen above, you will be taken to the LibriVox Management Dashboard default screen where you should see a list of your active projects along with options for dropdown menus, searching and editing your profile. (more on this later)
For more explicit step by step directions with screen shots, please see Accessing the System - First Time Login 
NOTE: BCs should use their personal workflow login to upload files. If you recently logged in with the general login to upload files to a project and the system still had you logged in, you may see this: 
You don't have permissions for this area. 
Return to Librivox Management Tool Homepage 
Logout 
To remedy this, click Logout and then login with your BC login and password. 

Please note, this doesn't always work the first time.

If you are still having trouble after 3 or 4 attempts, PM knotyouraveragejo

Once you are in the MW, you will only be concerned with the column on the far right, which is a drop-down menu.
As a tip, if I am leaving notes for a reader, I usually add to the notes column "see notes p. 4" etc. If you do that, you need to hit save. It has the advantage for readers who don't check in regularly, as they don't have to wade through pages in the thread to find the relevant notes. Also, if they are somewhat slow in doing edits, you can find your original notes to see what they were supposed to have done :D
soupy

Post by soupy »

Thanks Lynnet

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
Amendis

Post by Amendis »

BeckyWTX wrote: February 20th, 2021, 8:01 am Section 18 A Raven, a Fox and a Serpent submitted
Duration: 1.54.91

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/fablesofpilpay_18_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Please advise of any changes needed. Thanks.
BeckyWTX
Becky, very nice job! I didn't catch anything that doesn't meet the PL standards - this selection is PL OK.
Amendis

Post by Amendis »

Thank you, Lynett! Craig, I used the PL guidelines on Section 18 and didn't come across any issues or questions for you. As a newbie, I would not be offended in the least if you need to double-check the selection (but from where I stand, everything is A-OK!)
soupy

Post by soupy »

You did a great job PLing April :thumbs:

Thanks

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge