Just Getting Started

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ »

Hello!

I am living the Detroit, MI area but grew up in TX. I have been slowly investigating what it might mean to start recording audio for LibriVox and other places over the past 2-3 months.

I finally got my equipment figured out and submitted my "one minute" test recording! I admit that I am bit nervous, but I am looking forward to learning and growing with what looks like a wonderful community. :D

Caleb
We may never get another Today. Use wisely.
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Welcome! I am a transplant to MI, too! :D
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi and a big Welcome to LibriVox Caleb! You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

7 STEPS TO RECORDING FOR LIBRIVOX Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ »

thestorygirl wrote: February 5th, 2021, 1:22 pm Welcome! I am a transplant to MI, too! :D
Nice to meet you! It's amazing to me how many people end up in MI for one reason or another.
geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ »

philchenevert wrote: February 5th, 2021, 4:23 pm Hi and a big Welcome to LibriVox Caleb! You will enjoy being creative here as well as having fun. I've made a little video to welcome people; It has some basic info about us that I thought might be helpful to know right at the start. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and you will fit right in. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Oh and Maria, our LibriVox pickle, can hardly contain her excitement Image

7 STEPS TO RECORDING FOR LIBRIVOX Eager to get started? This video will walk you though the steps from just starting all the way to recording your first section. And get you recording quickly!! This video has links to each step. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKLWam9cfVo&t=74s
Thanks Phil! I have come across a few of your videos on YouTube even before I really knew what Libravox is all about. Thank you for the link. I am looking forward to watching the video.
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

thestorygirl wrote: February 5th, 2021, 1:22 pm Welcome! I am a transplant to MI, too! :D
One of the nicest transplants, I suppose) 🦋
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
HandmadePSK

Post by HandmadePSK »

geoscoutCJ wrote: February 5th, 2021, 11:38 am Hello!

I am living the Detroit, MI area but grew up in TX. I have been slowly investigating what it might mean to start recording audio for LibriVox and other places over the past 2-3 months.

I finally got my equipment figured out and submitted my "one minute" test recording! I admit that I am bit nervous, but I am looking forward to learning and growing with what looks like a wonderful community. :D

Caleb
Howdie!
2-3 months of investigations before getting the feet wet? Not bad, man! 👨

With such a serious campaign, you are simply doomed to success - here and everywhere!
So good luck and all the most pleasant! 💥
Alexander ❤ HandmadePSK ❤ About me ◀◀◀ (readable)
🦋 Aspire to inspire before we expire! 🦄
geoscoutCJ

Post by geoscoutCJ »

HandmadePSK wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 3:38 pm
geoscoutCJ wrote: February 5th, 2021, 11:38 am Hello!

Caleb
Howdie!
2-3 months of investigations before getting the feet wet? Not bad, man! 👨

With such a serious campaign, you are simply doomed to success - here and everywhere!
So good luck and all the most pleasant! 💥
Thank you for the kind words! I sure hope so. :D My thoroughness can turn into gridlock if I get too caught up on myself. I reached the point where I realized I watched enough YouTube videos and needed to just start recording stuff.