[COMPLETE] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 10th, 2022, 9:20 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:10 am For my part, I've uploaded section 13 (the last remaining section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_13_various_128kb.mp3

And will perform some minor nip and tuck edits on Section 21 to get it PL OK.
Just PLed Section 13- and ooft. What a powerful story, but such a sad story. I thought your reading of it was very powerful too, Chuck!

But anyway, I do have a few suggestions of things to correct:

[*]The checker said the volume was a bit low- 84.9 but presumably that would be fine (since it's so close to 86).

[*]3:11 Skipped a line, recording goes from “…sins which he had learned from others” to "I read without taking in the meaning” (missing part “I picked up a book and tried to read”) (page 166 of text)

[*]9:57 Skipped another line, recording goes from “somebody called him and he went off” to “I invented trivial excuses” (missing part “I spent a hideous day”) (page 168 of text)

[*]23:36, Repeated sections “for contempt for my action” and “that I could not” (page 172 of text)

[*]38:10, Repeated section “for surely it is passing strange…” (page 177 of text)
Thank you... and oof, what a messy recording! I've fixed it and re-uploaded it. Appreciate the help!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

29 and 30 PL OK!
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I think my sections here can be marked PL OK, as they were checked a few days ago! :)
Tomas Peter
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

ChuckW wrote: February 10th, 2022, 9:48 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:10 am For my part, I've uploaded section 13 (the last remaining section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_13_various_128kb.mp3

And will perform some minor nip and tuck edits on Section 21 to get it PL OK.
Just PLed Section 13- and ooft. What a powerful story, but such a sad story. I thought your reading of it was very powerful too, Chuck!

[*]The checker said the volume was a bit low- 84.9 but presumably that would be fine (since it's so close to 86).

[*]3:11 Skipped a line, recording goes from “…sins which he had learned from others” to "I read without taking in the meaning” (missing part “I picked up a book and tried to read”) (page 166 of text)

[*]9:57 Skipped another line, recording goes from “somebody called him and he went off” to “I invented trivial excuses” (missing part “I spent a hideous day”) (page 168 of text)

[*]23:36, Repeated sections “for contempt for my action” and “that I could not” (page 172 of text)

[*]38:10, Repeated section “for surely it is passing strange…” (page 177 of text)
Thank you... and oof, what a messy recording! I've fixed it and re-uploaded it. Appreciate the help!
Re-uploaded section 13 is PL ok! Thank you, Chuck! :)

I think that’s everything now!
Phil
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 11th, 2022, 10:58 am I think my sections here can be marked PL OK, as they were checked a few days ago! :)
Womp womp. Thanks for letting me know. I fixed it.
PROJECTS
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 11th, 2022, 11:10 am
ChuckW wrote: February 10th, 2022, 9:48 pm

Re-uploaded section 13 is PL ok! Thank you, Chuck! :)

I think that’s everything now!
Yaaaaaaay. After all this time, we're finally catalogue-ready. Thanks again for the help.

And to everyone else: sorry for the delay!
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've started the wheels rolling , but it is a busy time for Archive so may take some time
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: February 11th, 2022, 9:23 pm I've started the wheels rolling , but it is a busy time for Archive so may take some time
No worries! Thanks!
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

At last. Let me know if anything needs tweeking.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/out-of-the-closet-a-collection-of-early-lgbtq-fiction-by-various/

Thank you everyone involved with this - and Chuck for all the work he did setting it all up.
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

Anne
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

annise wrote: February 14th, 2022, 5:52 pm At last. Let me know if anything needs tweeking.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/out-of-the-closet-a-collection-of-early-lgbtq-fiction-by-various/

Thank you everyone involved with this - and Chuck for all the work he did setting it all up.
:clap: :thumbs: :clap: :thumbs: :clap:

Anne
Thanks Anne! I appreciate everyone's help getting this mammoth undertaking into the catalogue. It's going to be a long, long, LONG time before I launch anything like this again. :lol:

Everything looks great, although I noticed that the author information for sections 12-13 are missing. The author is Arnold Lunn (1888-1974), and his Wikipedia profile can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnold_Lunn

Also, would you mind adding Gambit808 as a DPL?
PROJECTS
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Arnold Lunn now in catalogue, DPL added :D . Now for a cover

Anne