[COMPLETE] Out of the Closet: A Collection of Early LGBTQ+ Fiction-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

brownrottger wrote: August 24th, 2021, 5:03 pm Mischief managed, I feel as though I have found a time locket. I am honored to be a part of this project and feel lucky to have been able to record this story. 47:30 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_18_various_128kb.mp3

There are a few PL notes for Section 18! I thought you did a great job recording, Brownrottger, but thought the items below should be updated. And what an ending to that story! My eyes shot wide open when I heard how that finished. :shock:

[*]4:47: The word “if” is repeated during the line, “if you will only have patience..."

[*]20:17 A few lines are skipped here- recording goes from “I told my friends of your accident” to “severe affliction; of your touching gratitude” which leaves out a few lines between the words “accident” and “severe” (missing part goes from “how it had frustrated all our summer plans” to “of your patience under this”.

[*]21:14 A few more lines skipped here- recording goes from “I think I made her like you” to “I am glad that the Daws” (missing part goes from “Miss Daw is a girl whom” to “noble character, too”)

[*]32:05 “five” and “ten” are reversed (it should say “chances are ten to five”)

[*]36:57 One line skipped- recording goes from “at four dollars per day” to “Evidently there’s no lingering doubt” (missing part “I find on my desk three letters from you”)
Phil
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

ChuckW wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:35 am Still puttering away at this. My apologies for the delay... real life is pretty crazy at the moment.

Section 21 - One error found:

44:25 - "All this is..." repeated

Section 32 - PL OK!

I started to PL section 21 and realized it was already PLed back in May 2021! Ooops! I looked and PinewoodMists (who recorded section 21) was last active on Librivox on July 12th, 2021.

I'll plan to PL the last 3 that are ready for PL now- sections 23, 29, & 30!

It's been so fun listening to these stories- makes me so excited to listen to the whole thing. Everyone has been doing such a great job reading these wonderful stories!
Phil
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 5th, 2022, 6:44 pm
brownrottger wrote: August 24th, 2021, 5:03 pm Mischief managed, I feel as though I have found a time locket. I am honored to be a part of this project and feel lucky to have been able to record this story. 47:30 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_18_various_128kb.mp3

There are a few PL notes for Section 18! I thought you did a great job recording, Brownrottger, but thought the items below should be updated. And what an ending to that story! My eyes shot wide open when I heard how that finished. :shock:

[*]4:47: The word “if” is repeated during the line, “if you will only have patience..."

[*]20:17 A few lines are skipped here- recording goes from “I told my friends of your accident” to “severe affliction; of your touching gratitude” which leaves out a few lines between the words “accident” and “severe” (missing part goes from “how it had frustrated all our summer plans” to “of your patience under this”.

[*]21:14 A few more lines skipped here- recording goes from “I think I made her like you” to “I am glad that the Daws” (missing part goes from “Miss Daw is a girl whom” to “noble character, too”)

[*]32:05 “five” and “ten” are reversed (it should say “chances are ten to five”)

[*]36:57 One line skipped- recording goes from “at four dollars per day” to “Evidently there’s no lingering doubt” (missing part “I find on my desk three letters from you”)
Thank you! I will edit this recording very soon.
Christine
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

For my part, I've uploaded section 13 (the last remaining section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_13_various_128kb.mp3

And will perform some minor nip and tuck edits on Section 21 to get it PL OK.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 6th, 2022, 6:07 am
ChuckW wrote: May 19th, 2021, 7:35 am Still puttering away at this. My apologies for the delay... real life is pretty crazy at the moment.

Section 32 - PL OK!

I started to PL section 21 and realized it was already PLed back in May 2021! Ooops! I looked and PinewoodMists (who recorded section 21) was last active on Librivox on July 12th, 2021.

It's been so fun listening to these stories- makes me so excited to listen to the whole thing. Everyone has been doing such a great job reading these wonderful stories!
Thank you so much! You've been such a tremendous help! Please let me know if the MW is accurate now.
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: February 6th, 2022, 6:41 am

Christine
I apologize for my lack of self proof listening with the text. I have since changed my ways! Here is the version with the edits. Thanks for your close listening. 48:01 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_18_various_128kb.mp3

Best,
Christine
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

ChuckW wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:12 am

Section 32 - PL OK!

Thank you so much! You've been such a tremendous help! Please let me know if the MW is accurate now.

Thank you, Chuck! It's been fun helping and I'm so excited that we're getting so close to going live! I can PL section 13 soon, and I'm planning to PL Sections 23, 29, & 30 soon, (but haven't yet).

The MW should show:

Section 16: PL OK
Section 23, 29, & 30: Ready for PL
Phil
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

brownrottger wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:52 am

Christine
I apologize for my lack of self proof listening with the text. I have since changed my ways! Here is the version with the edits. Thanks for your close listening. 48:01 https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_18_various_128kb.mp3

Best,
Christine
Thank you, Christine! That was freaky fast! I'll listen to the updated version soon! :)
Phil
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 8th, 2022, 4:35 pm

Thank you, Chuck! It's been fun helping and I'm so excited that we're getting so close to going live! I can PL section 13 soon, and I'm planning to PL Sections 23, 29, & 30 soon, (but haven't yet).

The MW should show:

Fixed! Do you want to split the remaining chapters?
PROJECTS
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

ChuckW wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:34 am

The MW should show:

Sure! I can take 13 and 23!
Phil
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

Both Sections 16 & 23 are PL OK!

Great work, Tomas! I really liked your pacing, especially on Section 23. It was a pleasure to listen to your reading!
Phil
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

Christine

Best,
Christine

Section 18 is now PL OK! Thank you, Christine! Loved that story and loved your interpretation of it! :)

Chuck, the updated version still needs to be added to the MW, but that updated version (duration 48:01) is PL OK!
Phil
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 5:46 pm

Christine

Best,
Christine

Section 18 is now PL OK! Thank you, Christine! Loved that story and loved your interpretation of it! :)

Chuck, the updated version still needs to be added to the MW, but that updated version (duration 48:01) is PL OK!
Yay! Thank you. I can't wait to listen to them all!
Best,
Christine
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Gambit8008 wrote: February 9th, 2022, 5:08 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 9th, 2022, 8:34 am

The MW should show:

Sure! I can take 13 and 23!
Sounds good. Thanks!
PROJECTS
Gambit8008

Post by Gambit8008 »

ChuckW wrote: February 8th, 2022, 11:10 am For my part, I've uploaded section 13 (the last remaining section):

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/outofthecloset_13_various_128kb.mp3

And will perform some minor nip and tuck edits on Section 21 to get it PL OK.
Just PLed Section 13- and ooft. What a powerful story, but such a sad story. I thought your reading of it was very powerful too, Chuck!

But anyway, I do have a few suggestions of things to correct:

[*]The checker said the volume was a bit low- 84.9 but presumably that would be fine (since it's so close to 86).

[*]3:11 Skipped a line, recording goes from “…sins which he had learned from others” to "I read without taking in the meaning” (missing part “I picked up a book and tried to read”) (page 166 of text)

[*]9:57 Skipped another line, recording goes from “somebody called him and he went off” to “I invented trivial excuses” (missing part “I spent a hideous day”) (page 168 of text)

[*]23:36, Repeated sections “for contempt for my action” and “that I could not” (page 172 of text)

[*]38:10, Repeated section “for surely it is passing strange…” (page 177 of text)
Phil