[EDITING] [DramReading] The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald-mtf

Plays and other dramatic works
benderca

Post by benderca »

ehuiskamp wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 4:45 pm Hi, I would love to be the reporter in chapter six if that is possible; however, I am open to any position you need to fill!
I'll reserve the part for you. I see you have not yet submitted your 1-minute test (just to see if your audio settings are correct for librivox).

Check out:

Newbie Guide to Recording
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Then post your 1-minute test as a New Topic Here:
viewforum.php?f=21

Also, I'll need to know your catalogue name as well (the name you want listed on your catalogue page), then I can set you up.

Thanks & have fun!
TJ
Last edited by benderca on January 6th, 2021, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 9:20 am Aww, thanks. But I only reported the findings of the other admins. :lol:
Ha! Well, you're a good team! :clap:
benderca

Post by benderca »

ChuckW wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 12:00 pm Ooooo. I shouldn't claim anything, but this is too good to pass up. Can I take Mr. McKee and Chauffeur?
Welcome, Chuck! Nice to have you aboard. Your voice enhances any project. :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

realisticspeakers wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 3:10 pm I would like to do the Butler in Ch 7 and 9
Dan Cody in Ch 6
and the gardener of ch 8

please?
chancebarrington wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 4:41 pm I would love to voice Catherine in Chapters 2 and 9. Can i ask for two parts? Miss Baedeker? It's 4 lines in Ch. 6, and should be separated enough from Catherine.
Thank you both so much. I've signed you up.
chancebarrington

Post by chancebarrington »

benderca wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 7:07 pm
realisticspeakers wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 3:10 pm I would like to do the Butler in Ch 7 and 9
Dan Cody in Ch 6
and the gardener of ch 8

please?
chancebarrington wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 4:41 pm I would love to voice Catherine in Chapters 2 and 9. Can i ask for two parts? Miss Baedeker? It's 4 lines in Ch. 6, and should be separated enough from Catherine.
Thank you both so much. I've signed you up.
Is it okay if I start my part this weekend? I have some new equipment coming on Friday and I'll have my closet/soundbooth ready by then. I've been doing recordings with my laptop mic which I know is a no-no, but I was just too excited I couldn't wait.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Slagle, please.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
benderca

Post by benderca »

mightyfelix wrote: January 2nd, 2021, 3:00 pm
Ok, I've set up your MW. However, this text still isn't going to cut it. This source came from planetebook.com, which doesn't state which edition they used, so it may have been a newer edition. However, there are, at latest count, at least four different 1925 scans available at archive! :lol: Take your pick.

https://archive.org/details/in.ernet.dli.2015.184960/
https://archive.org/details/greatgatsby0000unse_c4w8/
https://archive.org/details/the-great-gatsby-1st-ed-1925/
https://archive.org/details/the-great-gatsby_202101/

Of course, I realize that you already prepared your scripts using the copy you linked to. And that should probably be fine, provided that Lynnete is willing to do the final PLs against one of these texts and note any major divergences.
I chose the first source on the list above and did some random checks throughout my scripts and found no discrepancies. I've updated the link in the Magic Window. I'll go ahead and post my scripts (but I'll continue to check for inconsistencies), and I think you can move this project to Readers Wanted.

Thanks, Devorah|
benderca

Post by benderca »

THE SCRIPTS HAVE BEEN POSTED.

The links are currently at the bottom of the Magic Window in Sections 44-52. Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing them or if you catch any mistakes.

Thanks!
TJ
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 11:54 pm Slagle, please.

Cheers,
Chris
You got it, bub!
benderca

Post by benderca »

chancebarrington wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 11:28 pm
Is it okay if I start my part this weekend? I have some new equipment coming on Friday and I'll have my closet/soundbooth ready by then. I've been doing recordings with my laptop mic which I know is a no-no, but I was just too excited I couldn't wait.
Sure! Just make sure your read from my COLOR-CODED SCRIPTS.
(...and please do wait for the new equipment. 8-) ).
Thanks,
TJ
Last edited by benderca on March 14th, 2021, 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MMMD2505

Post by MMMD2505 »

Hello!
I'd love to take Lucille and Women 1,2, and 3 if possible.

Thank you!

-Magda Wilde

"All human wisdom is contained in these two words- Wait and Hope."

-The Count of Monte Cristo
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

I know music stuff can get dicey when it comes to Public Domain - anyone know if I'm okay to "sing" the Ain't We Got Fun bit in Ch. 5 nearby to the actual tune, or should I just make up something similar?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton
benderca

Post by benderca »

MMMD2505 wrote: January 4th, 2021, 8:20 am Hello!
I'd love to take Lucille and Women 1,2, and 3 if possible.

Thank you!

-Magda Wilde
Hi Magda.

Sorry, you'll have to pick just one of those role above. They're in the same chapters and they converse with each other.

How about one of the above roles and Stella in Chapter 9? I'll put you down now for Lucille and Stella. Please let me know if that's ok.
benderca

Post by benderca »

OooThatsNifty wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:32 am I know music stuff can get dicey when it comes to Public Domain - anyone know if I'm okay to "sing" the Ain't We Got Fun bit in Ch. 5 nearby to the actual tune, or should I just make up something similar?
I'd love it if you did. We can check. If the song is in the Public Domain, we should be fine.
OooThatsNifty

Post by OooThatsNifty »

benderca wrote: January 4th, 2021, 10:43 am I'd love it if you did. We can check. If the song is in the Public Domain, we should be fine.
Sounds good! As far as I can tell, the sheet music was published in 1921 & the folks responsible for it died in 1938, 1941 and 1952 respectively. I'm not based in a Life+70 country, so I think we should be safe?

A scan of what appears to be the original sheet music, with copyright notice, can be downloaded from here if anyone wants to take a look: https://digitalcommons.library.umaine.edu/mmb-vp/33/

All this being said...please don't expect professional vocal stylings. I did just wake up, after all :wink:
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." - H.P. Lovecraft

Readers Wanted: Seen on the Stage, by Clayton Hamilton