(App-Specific Q, Maybe) Disappearing Audiobook?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Shpadoinkle

Post by Shpadoinkle »

Hello,

So a while back, (like, maybe two years ago) I downloaded a certain edition of "Don Quijote de la Mancha" to my iPhone from the LibriVox app. I hadn't listened to it in a while, and recently got back into it. I have been floored by the narrator's work, and wanted to come to the forum to give him a big ¡Gracias!

BUT

I can't find the book or its reader in the LibriVox search feature! At first I thought maybe it just wasn't tagged as being "in Spanish", which it is, but removing that search criterion didn't help.

It seems to have disappeared from LibriVox, but an internet search revealed this result: https://librivox.bookdesign.biz/search.jsp?search=reader%3Acervantes which seems to be from a different website that catalogs LibriVox books.

The specific book I downloaded is the first result on that page, supposedly from a reader by the name of "cervantes". :help:

How do I find this book's reader to thank him? haha :thumbs:

¡Gracias!
Nate
Nate

You’ll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but remember — whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, or how rich, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash.To Kill a Mockingbird
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

The "LibriVox" app isn't ours, although it uses the same name. We don't have any official app, nor support/control any of them.

It has our books but also has books from other sources.

So you'll probably need to contact the app developers or at least use the app as a starting point to find the narrator of that audiobook, since as you say, it's not one of ours. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Shpadoinkle

Post by Shpadoinkle »

Ah!!

Thank you!!! :clap:

I did not realize the app was not official. That explains everything.

I will further investigate the internet for clues.

¡Muchas gracias!
Nate
Nate

You’ll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but remember — whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, or how rich, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash.To Kill a Mockingbird